Error when filtering data in excel

Hi Team,

Please be informed that i am going through 9th chapter i.e., “Excel & Data Tables” in UI Path academy training & when i try to filter the data from any excel i am facing the exception error “Object must be of type Double”.

Request you to help me out on this

Regards,
Suhas

3 Likes

@Suhas92 Change variable type to double

Thanks Indra,

I tried changing the variable to a double,. However I still cant filter the data.

Can you please share an example “XAML” if you have any so that I can compare and make the necessary changes to mine.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Suhas

@Suhas92 Can you share your workflow

In your “get row item” activity (if you’re using one), change the output variable to a double. If required you can then use an assign activity to convert to another variable, for example if you need a string instead you can assign StrVariable TO DblVariable.ToString

Hope this helps?

UI Path tends to see any number format in excel as a double, no matter what cell format is in the spreadsheet.

1 Like

Hi @KEntwistle,

I am using the “Read Range” & Filter data table" activity as shown in the Ui Path tutorial & during the filter table activity i am facing this error.

so can you share some light on this

Many thanks!!

Regards,
Suhas

@indra

I have attached my workflow.

Main.xaml (13.4 KB)

@Suhas92 can you attach Excel file

@indra,

here is the excel

Employees300 orig.xlsx (26.9 KB)

I have the same problem! May I know is there any solution? Thanks!

Hello @Suhas92 and @annalyy

You have to change the ‘Value’ field inside your Filter Wizard to 10.0 (as a double) instead of 10 (as an integer).

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thanks @stevengoehler
I am not sure where to change the "Value field in the filter wizard.
From the properties panel or the function box, i cannot locate where the value field is…
Thanks again!!!

Hi @stevengoehler,

Thanks a lot, I changed the value to to double & it works.:blush:

Hey @annalyy,

Its the value field in the filter wizard. in your “filter wizard” (1st) screenshot change the 10(intgr) to 10.0(Double) then the workflow will work.

Have Fun!!

2 Likes

Thanks! It works now!!

Thank u stevengoehler,

Your suggestion has helped a lot…

Hello.

So adding on to discussion, you might want to do some corrections in your essentials training.
When I open xaml file from answers .zip for this practice, it is throwing some errors:

resulting in filter data table step not loading at all.

And in the walkthrough for this practice, you are instructing to put “ID”<10, which is causing the problem specified initially in this thread