Error using Gsuite application scope for Gmail

Hi all,

do you have any idea about the problem link to an error message like that ?

“Send Mail Message: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError Precondition Failed [412] Errors [ Message[Precondition Failed] Location[If-Match - header] Reason[conditionNotMet] Domain[global] ]”

Thanks,

Pierre

Are you using the existing Send Mail Message activity @Pierre_PARIS?

Hi @Pierre_PARIS ,

We are getting the same issue at my organisation with the send mail activity using the same GSuite Application activities published by UiPath. The error occurs between 30-50% of all of the emails that are sent with this activity, there is no consistency with these occuring and it has only started to happen in the last 1-2 weeks.

@Mihai_Dunareanu do you have any insight into this error?

We are also getting the same issue at my organisation with the send mail activity using GSuite Application activities published by UiPath. Also no consistency was observed, error appearing in about 5% cases.

Hi also meet the same problem (since the beginning of the week).
we use uipath gsuite
“Send Mail Message: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError Precondition Failed [412] Errors [ Message[Precondition Failed] Location[If-Match - header] Reason[conditionNotMet] Domain[global] ]”
Best regards

Hi All,

This seems to be an update on Google’s service that went awry and which we’ll have to wait for them to fix, but in the meantime, we’re seeing if there are any workarounds we can do on our end.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

@Nicholas_Doss, @TomaszGolos and @glipka: The bug you all reported happens when the ETag (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_ETag), which is a header in the http request, changes between the moment the activity has uploaded the email as a draft and the moment it actually sends the draft. This can happen for a variety of reasons, the most common of which is actually modifying the draft between the time it is uploaded and the time it is sent. However, you’d have to do some pretty whacky workflows to actually do this.

There is also this albeit older issue on the google client SDK GitHub in which other people have gotten the exact same error using other services (Calendar in that instance) and the problem resolved itself.
So I think Dean Mauro is right in his statement that this is a server side problem that will remedy itself.

I have just tested this by running the Send Mail activity in a loop 100 times, and I have gotten no error, so I think the case is even stronger for a server side issue.

Please let us know if this continues, as currently we are not investigating this as a bug on our side any longer!

Thanks!