Error fix for "Read Range: Your stream was neither an OLE2 stream, nor an OOXML stream" thrown while trying to read an Excel file in the automation workflow?
Sometimes, when using the "Read Range" activity to read an Excel file in your workflow, you may run into the error that says "Read Range: Your stream was neither an OLE2 stream, nor an OOXML stream".
- Check if the file trying to open is corrupt. Verify this by opening it manually. Also try opening an alternate test Excel file in the workflow to validate this
- Try using the "Excel Application scope", and check if that helps to fix this
- Try changing the extension of the Excel file, most preferably to an .xlsx format, and rerun the automation. (More information on File Formats That Are Supported In Excel )
- Ensure leveraging the latest version of the Excel activities package
- Open the Excel file, and see if there are unwanted special characters within any cells, for instance "########", and remove these manually
- As a workaround, read the file as txt and then perform string manipulation to extract the intended data.