Error messages in two languages

Scenario: A process in my xaml fails and I get an error message where half the text is in english and the other is in danish. This makes it almost impossible to google the right solution. My OS was recently changed from danish to english but this did not do the trick. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? E.g. reinstall dotnet, or some hack? FYI reinstalling windows is not an option.

Steps to reproduce: N/A

Current Behavior: N/A

Expected Behavior: N/A

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: CE 2017.1.6435

OS Version: Win10 Pro 64-bit
.NET 4.0.30319.42000

1 Like

To illustrate:

Looks compeltely Danish to me - the Invoke workflow file: Excel application scope part seems to be activity names, not part of the actual error message.

Do you get Danish error messages for all errors or just Office related? That might be a clue.

1 Like

@Tiramisu, I think this happens a lot.

Check this link.
Maybe Hans Passant’s answer in that post might be a good place to start.
On the same page, Deepscom mentions searching c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework & c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64 for your locale (maybe 1030 in your case? Check locales page here) and renaming the appropriate occurrences.

Regards,
burque505

2 Likes

@burque505 I followed the link to check the solutions on stackoverflow, there are answers to change International Settings in the installation tool, but seems not available on UiPath Studio, any alternative?
Thanks

@MubiSam_Lin, I haven’t found anything yet. I’ll keep looking. Do you want to change the language for error messages? Or for something else?

Regards,
burque505

@burque505 Actually I setup UiPath Studio in English, but it shows the warning/error message in English and Chinese mixed.
It will be better to have all messages in English for searching online.
Thanks

1 Like

Might I ask if you also have Visual Studio installed? If so, there may be a way to do it.

@burque505 yes, I had.

This is from the same link above, and I haven’t tried it.

Perhaps that will override the UiPath Studio settings - maybe it’s worth a try.

Will try tomorrow, thanks

Thank you, I would be very interested in your results.

@burque505 My vs is installed with English only, but it does not change the language in UiPath Studio.

1 Like

Log message/WriteLine
System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DisplayName
shows you current culture settings

2 Likes

@vadim Output of Log message: “Invariant Language (Invariant Country)”, did not get your point…any further elaboration, sorry that I’m quite new in learning all these.

@MubieSam_Lin, I found an AutoHotkey thread that may help you. I don’t have any other languages installed, so I probably won’t be much help. But @tmplinshi, who started the thread, speaks Mandarin, so maybe this will help. The information is not necessarily related to AutoHotkey; there is a link to a Locale Emulator program, and a description of making a DLL call to “SetThreadUILanguage”.

To all: all help on this interesting issue would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
burque505

As decision, configure your OS entirely in english.
Then remove all danish (language) packages from OS.
If it works, and you need Danish, install it again.

Hi @burque505

Thanks for the info, so “SetThreadUILanguage" will be for all Windows applications, right?
Is there a way to change to English only for UiPath?

Hello @MubieSam_Lin, take a look at this Raymond Chen link.

The way to restore the thread preferred UI language state is to capture the thread preferred UI languages with the Get­Thread­Preferred­UI­Languages function and restore them with the Set­Thread­Preferred­UI­Languages function.

I just found this, so I haven’t had a chance to investigate thoroughly, but it seems there might be a way to accomplish what you want.

Regards,
burque505

Hi @burque505

Thanks for the info, but it seems quite complicate, take some time to implement.

While searching, found this dependency “LanguageChange” very useful, the activity change the language in the workflow, no instruction needed.

Maybe you will be interesting to take a look…

1 Like