Error "Failed to create a cursor from text"

As soon as I am attempting to create a new sequence I am encountering the stated error.

Logs:
19.7.0+Branch.master.Sha.8c253d13718eed5c7db27daef6facd1fe1b0d067

Failed to create a ‘Cursor’ from the text ‘/System.Activities.Presentation;component/Resources/ReadyToPan.cur’.

Error: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Failed to create a ‘Cursor’ from the text ‘/System.Activities.Presentation;component/Resources/ReadyToPan.cur’. —> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\Adesh\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC11F.tmp’ because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Windows.Input.Cursor.LoadFromStream(Stream cursorStream)
at System.Windows.Input.Cursor…ctor(Stream cursorStream, Boolean scaleWithDpi)
at System.Windows.Input.CursorConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateObjectWithTypeConverter(ServiceProviderContext serviceContext, XamlValueConverter1 ts, Object value) at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateFromValue(ServiceProviderContext serviceContext, XamlValueConverter1 ts, Object value, XamlMember property)
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.PartialTrustTolerantRuntime.CreateFromValue(ServiceProviderContext serviceContext, XamlValueConverter1 ts, Object value, XamlMember property) at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_CreateFromValue(ObjectWriterContext ctx, XamlValueConverter1 typeConverter, Object value, XamlMember property, String targetName, IAddLineInfo lineInfo)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadDeferredContent(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings parentSettings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.CreateObject(KeyRecord key)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.OnGettingValue(Object key, Object& value, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.OnGettingValuePrivate(Object key, Object& value, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValueWithoutLock(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValue(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.DesignerView.OnDesignerViewLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233087

hi
welcome to UiPath community
kindly check once whether this file been used by another process or not
–or kindly restart the UiPath studio and check once
–or if issues still persists, uninstall and reinstall the UiPath studio and
restart your machine and try once

hope that would work
Cheers @Puja

Hi
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried all the steps you have mentioned but it still did not help.
What do you suggest further.

Thanks,
Puja

1 Like

Hmm…even after reinstalling uipath…ok
can i have a view on that xaml if possible
kindly send the whole project folder with all files, xaml, json in zipped folder
that could help us to validate this
Cheers @Puja

I tried attaching the ZIP folder but I am unable to do so. I am getting the below message:

“Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.” :cry:

Also, Now I am getting the cursor error whenever I am trying to do any kind of action on UI Path. Even when I am trying to create a new project all together.

Hi @Puja

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

I found this among your log files:
The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\Adesh\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC11F.tmp’ because it is being used by another process.

This might suggest that there is an application that is blocking Studio from working properly. Please try to whitelist the application in any software that can cause an issue.

hello!
Thank you for the response. I checked but the file was not being used by any another application.

Any suggestions as to how i can ensure that the file is not being used by any other application?

Thanks,

Puja

1 Like