Error connecting to sftp

I’m trying to connect to an FTP site using the open FTP activity. As far as I can see the credentials/connection string and port are correct - I can connect via filezilla. The connection uses a key file and no password. I tried setting the password to a blank string and leaving it empty but no luck - still the same error. The username is set correctly.
I get the error below though

Renci.SshNet.Common.SshAuthenticationException: No suitable authentication method found to complete authentication.

Server stack trace:
at Renci.SshNet.ConnectionInfo.Authenticate(Session session)
at Renci.SshNet.Session.Connect()
at Renci.SshNet.BaseClient.Connect()
at UiPath.FTP.Activities.FtpSessionGen.Connect()
at UiPath.FTP.Activities.OpenFTPSession.ExecuteAsync()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object args, Object server, Object& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.Action.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.FTP.Activities.OpenFTPSession.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.FTP.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
caseflow New Business upload execution ended

any advice on how to resolve?

thanks

1 Like

may actually be an issue building the connection string using the parameters provided

‘DynamicActivity’: The private implementation of activity ‘1: DynamicActivity’ has the following validation error: Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression ““C:\uipath\keyFile.ppk”)”.

End of expression expected.

There are no errors when validating

There is a bug in FTP activities when using sftp with key file. I submitted a bug report to UiPath about it. Now we just need to wait them to fix it.

2 Likes

thanks ottojuntunen,

I used start process, batch script and winSCP to work around in the meantime

Can you please share the workflow you have created and also any sample script using WinSCP for uploading files?

Thank You!

Did the bug get fixed? I’m having issues getting SFTP to work (using keyfile; password works fine) in UIPath, but using the same values for Putty’s “psftp” command it works fine.

Nick.