Error after used Data Scraping for PDF TO CSV

Hi,
I have a pdf and I have to convert it to Csv. But after used Data Scraping i see Error “This control dose not support data extraction.” What there can be a reason of such behavior? (I have all Available Packages for Community Edition )
And second problems for pdf. UiPath don’t see any alement in UiExplorer andI can not get any selectors. Showed only ‘AVPageView’
Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

Can you manually highlight the text on the PDF file? If the answer is “no” then you won’t be able to select elements and will need to scrape the text as an image using Get OCR or Read PDF using OCR. If you can highlight the text, I’m not sure what the problem is, though.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Tesla!

Are you trying to use the “Extract Structured Data” activity, or are you just using “Get Full Text”, “Get Visible Text”, or “Get OCR Text”? The “Extract Structured Data” activity will attempt to extract data for you in a structured format, but it is limited in what all formats of data it will be able to do this for. You may have to use one of the “generic” screen scraping activities (such as “Get Visible Text”) to scrape/restructure this data via a more manual process if “Extract Structured Data” is not able to do it automatically.

One other thing I wanted to mention is that it looks like you are trying to screen scrape from the PDF by opening it “manually”. Have you tried using the “Read PDF Text” activity?

UIPath has two built-in activities (“Read PDF Text” and “Read PDF With OCR”) that allow you to scrape PDFs directly without even having to open the PDF. (All you have to do is the provide the robot with the PDF’s file path and whichever OCR engine you want to use (if using the “Read PDF With OCR” activity).

Here are links to the official UIPath pages which explain a little bit about how to use these activities:

Read PDF Text: https://www.uipath.com/activities-guide/read-pdf-text
Read PDF With OCR: https://www.uipath.com/activities-guide/read-pdf-with-ocr

And here is a link to an official UIPath page discussing PDF data extraction specifically: https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/pdf-data-extraction-scrape-pdf-text

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Riley

2 Likes

Hello, I’m also running into similar problem, while trying to scrap data
My issue is, pdf file is not opening on its own.
Details below:
I want to read few fields from a scanned (image) pdf file, residing in a folder.
For this, I tried below approach

1. Read PDF Text or Read PDF OCR (mentioning the file name also tried providing filename with full folder path).
  2. Used Anchor Base activity with Find Image as relative and Get OCR Text as target activity.
  3. Build Datatable
  4. Write to csv

If I keep the file open manually and run the script, its extracting data and writing to csv file
But when if I close the file neither Read PDF Text nor Read PDF OCR activities is not opening the mentioned file. Hence script is failing saying specified image mentioned in the Find Image activity is not found.

How can I extract data even when file is not opened manually.
Appreciate Help.

Dear All,

How to read bookmarks ,hyperlinks in pdf using uipath please help me with an example.

Best Re gars,
Vijaya

Hi Riley,

Upon running the example file given in the link(https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/pdf-data-extraction-scrape-pdf-text) you shared, I am getting an error. Could you please help?

Thanks,
Faiz

Hi Bro,

I need help related to display the data from pdf file by using tabular format to csv file by using UIpath.Could you please help me out.

Can you plz share any link related tp PDF data table display to csv file.

Hi Bro,

I need help related to display the data from pdf file by using tabular format to csv file by using UIpath.Could you please help me out.

Can you plz share any link related tp PDF data table display to csv file…

Hi Bro,

Can you plz share any link related tp PDF data table display to csv file…

Hi

I haven’t access for UIpath at this moment for this reason I cant help you( But I can sent for you my old files may be you can found anything helpful for you

Best weshes

Sergey Frolov

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12raade3-XC60BoxpB0KG90UzD0SU7rX2

Thank you please send the files.

Please dont send through google drive

send as the document file…

Sorry but I haven’t any file

hi
i want the process of how to change the pdf data table into csv format file.

Thanks for the reply. I need ur help as i will send two files one is pdf file and other one is csv. so we n eed pdf file information in to csv as we sent csv file format.Could you please try from ur end and can you send the class file for that.

Thanks for your support in advance…

please find the attachment pdf file and please extract data in to csv as displayed pdf format.

Your help makes us highly appreciate.

Sorry I cant run any process by UiPath because my version was expired also I haven’t anther file for sensed process