ERROR [08004] [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Hi,

I am trying to connect oracle database using Connect activity, i have installation of ODBC and followed all the steps to setup environment variable.

The test connection seems to be ok in the configure setting wizard. But when i try to execute the flow in Uipath, it ends with error. Any help on this please?

Once i connected to a Oracle DB. It was required to install a Oracle driver for it. What really helped was to create an Access File which uses the same ODBC connection just as a simple table-viewer and for testing the connection. Use external data sources in Access.
After UiPath did not work, I simply connected UiPath to the Access file and made the queries against access. It is a bit dirty, but worked well.

Thanks for you suggestion, what i am looking for is something different not to create from Access to Uipath.

Its pretty straight forward - Wanted to connect oracle DB to uipath, test connection seems to be successful in uipath but while executing flow it ends up with error that i had mentioned already.

Any suggestions or help please?

1 Like

I had the same problem, the test connection is fine, but when I ran the code, it threw the error: “ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve…”.

I solved this by copying the tnsnames.ora file to the UiPath project folder (where the main.xaml and project.json files are).
I know it’s not a formal or elegant solution, but it works!

Hope this solution helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re absolutely right ! don’t know my bots was working fine for more then 6 month suddenly due to some changes in my workflow i had re deployment the code and faced same issue.

After trying your above approach it’s absolutely working fine ,Kudos Thank you so mcuh!!

1 Like