Email chain/ thread

Hello,

I’m new to RPA and uipath.

How to automate email chain/ email thread in uipath studio using outlook mail activity. I have to reply same email everyday so that it becomes a email chain/ email thread.

The subject of email remains same, only body of the email differs.

Thanks in advance

Hi
welcome to uipath communty
we can use

so the sequence be like this
–use GET OUTLOOK MAIL ACTIVITY and mention any filter condition in filter property if wanted like this based on subject
"[Subject] = ‘your subject’ "
and get the output with a variable of type list of mailmessage named list_mails
–now use a FOR EACH loop and pass the above variable list_mails as input and change the type argument as system.net.mail.mailmessage in the property panel of for each loop
–inside the loop use this REPLY TO OUTLOOK MAIL ACTIVITY
where mention the input mail as item and other details along the property panel

we can publish this process to a orchestrator and schedule it so that it will be running on daily basis

kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Pavan2197

@Palaniyappan Thank you sir for the solution. Its working.
Another challenge is that using Reply To outlook mail activity or by any other way using uipath the body of the email should contain a table (for example daily status update to manager)The body of the mail should be in a table which will look simple and clear to understand. The mail should be a reply and not as a new mail.

I tried in some ways but it’s not working. Please help if u know how to do.

1 Like

Hi
kindly have view on this thread

Cheers @Pavan2197

Will the HTML will work using reply to outlook mail activity.

Hi
we are going to include the html structure in BODY property of the activity right
like how we do in normal SEND OUTLOOK MAIL ACTIVITY
Cheers @Pavan2197

Hello Sir,
As per the solution in How to use Get Outlook Mail Message filtering?. I got 75% of the answer for my task, but I want to filter further more in the subject. In case of my subject, I have “STATUS UPDATE 09-12-2019.” as the subject. How to match this date inside if condition.

Awesome
once after getting the list of mailmessage from outlook activity use a FOR EACH loop and pass the output variable from get outlook mail activity as input and change the type argument as system.net.mail.mailmessage
and inside the loop use a IF condition like this
item.Subject.Contains(str_input)
where str_input is a variable of type string with value like this
str_input = "STATUS UPDATE "+Now.ToString(“dd-MM-yyyy”)
which we can keep in the very beginning of the sequence

Cheers @Pavan2197

Got it @Palaniyappan Thank u sir. Now, in the same way how to get previous days mail inside if loop.

same but the expression is likethis
str_input = "STATUS UPDATE "+Now.AddDays(-1).ToString(“dd-MM-yyyy”)

Cheers @Pavan2197

Hello,
How to add content present in excel to the body of Reply to mail activity?.For example: If A1:E5 is the content, how to copy-paste the same inside the body.

A1:E5 is in table format and I have to get same format in mail body. Without using HTML can we achieve this?