DocuSign - Uploading Document and Applying Template

I’m very new to the DocuSign API, so apologies if this is a silly question. We have a process in DocuSign where we upload a document, a template is identified automatically then applied, and then the envelope is sent off for signing based on the signers defined in the template (no new recipients added).

In UiPath, I’m having trouble figuring out how to upload a document, apply a template, and send. I’ve had success with the [Get Template] activity, finding it with my Account ID and Template ID, so now I’ve got the template object and ID available for use.

Two of my main questions:

1. How do I create a new envelope without defining new recipients (as the recipients are predefined in the template)?
  2. How do I go about uploading a given file as a document?

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

1 Like

I’ve looked through the UiPath and DocuSign API documentation, but I’m not having success in figuring out how to upload a file to an envelope and applying the template.

I’ve seen in the DocuSign API where it describes a separate method for uploading files by converting them to Base64, but I can’t find where this option exists in the UiPath invoke activity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!