Document Processing 20.4 Beta: Human-Robot Interaction using Action Center

Hi Team ,

I am building a workflow for invoice processing its work fine when I use present validation station. But now I am extend this process with “create document validation action” and “wait for document validation action and resume”.

In this stage I am getting bellow issues, please help me to resolve those.

1. for one invoice its working fine but it’s throw an error as below when go to pick next invoice [error scope for each(document) ]:

error

2.auto resume not working on workflow. It stucks as below image and not automatically resume (action center task performed as status : completed)

kindly tell me if any mistake happen from my end.

thanks and regards
gopal pal

1 Like

Hi @gpal :
On the second screenshot about studio showing that it is waiting on external events, is by design w.r.t developer experience . In this case developer has to go to ‘Actions’ in Orchestrator, complete validation and then come back to studio and click ‘resume’ because there is no way for Orchestrator to send a command to local studio/robot.

But in operational phase, ideally such processes will be deployed as un-attended process and at this point, job will be marked as ‘suspended’ freeing up the robot. As and one user completes the validation action, the jobs will auto-resume in the first available robot in the same environment.
Also if you are creating multiple actions, try to create all actions / read all documents , complete processing of other documents that does not require validation before invoking ‘wait and resume’ so that your workflow wont get suspended with every iteration.
Thanks,
Liji

2 Likes

There are couple of ways of doing it with in RE Framework. You should be straight forward able to invoke another orchestration process from RE Framework through start job for list of exception items that you want human to act on.
Embedding persistence activities within REFramework based workflow I would presume is again for scenarios where you have exceptions to be passed on to human for validation. You may have to be careful not to suspend workflow while processing each transaction, but identify all (bad)transactions that needs human action, create actions, add taskobject (actionsobject) to a list/collection but do not invoke ‘wait and resume’ immediately. Complete processing of all “good” transactions and then start a parallel for each to wait and resume (actionObject List) . One open issue here would be, if a queue item remains in ‘in-progress’ for more than 24 hours, Orchestrator will abandon this item. So need to be aware that end user in such cases have to act on such actions within 24 hours ( we are working on addressing this so that Orchestrator does not abandon such queue items waiting on human inputs)
You would want to look at sample snippets in studio (snippets > Orchestration) as well as refer to Orchestration Process

4 Likes

Hello @gpal,

Related to the first issue: please check your variable scope. You might be overriding them from one branch of the parallel for each to the other, thus leading to inconsistencies and indexes out of bounds, etc.

1 Like

can you please elaborate more about that? do you mean that i can first send all the invoice to action center at a time and after that it will vaidate one by one?

if i am correct please tell me more about this

thanks

1 Like

for my case its scope is flowchart. its working fine when i am using present validation station but issue arise when i am using action center

1 Like

Hello Loana. In Uipath studio the updated packages of Integellient OCR and Document understanding ML and Omnipage OCR, which are causing weird issue in my process of invoice processing.

When I try to run English and Non-English Invoices together. For Non-English Invoices, I am getting fields are not captured and no single fields are extracted from the invoice in Present Validation station.
Then I have to manual capture each field from the Invoice. I have added proper taxonomy fields in Taxonomy Manager, I have trained invoice using Intelligent Classifier and selected proper fields in Data Extraction using ML Based extractor. It was not issue before updated version. All invoices were getting extracted in the Present Validation station.

The second issue is that, for the English invoices of similar type and same vendor are getting processed and most of fields data are getting extracted from the invoice in Present validation station. But if the invoice of different type and different vendor comes for processing in Present validation station, when process runs it halts and throws error in Present Validation station such as “Present Validation Station: The automatically determined extracted results references do not match the Document Object Model. They may have been created using a different Document Object Model.”. Please let me know proper solution this issue as well. I am sending you the error screenshot and process flow.

All_Invoices_Using_ML_Extractor_Process.xaml (32.5 KB) Main.xaml (3.1 KB)

Regards
Rohit Lanjewar

Hi Team,

any one facing this issue.
after using action triggers, bot forget value of local variable

i am looping through the directory.getfiles in for each

after first iteration, when i resume the process
in next iteration, it says object reference not set instance of object

P.S : there are 4 files in that directory.

3 files are still left

in for each loop,
i have Digitize document,
then write line
then classifying my doc
Present Classification Station
Train Classifiers Scope
Data Extraction Scope
Create Document Validation Action
Wait For Document Validation Action And Resume
then export result

all these activity works fine in first iteration, but in next iteration bot forget the files

execution is good till action comes from orchestrator

now the action is completed form orchestrator

now i will resume my workflow

here i am also checkking the count of files present in rhat directory again
result = 4 means it identifiles there are total 4 files

it complete the first iteraction and exports the result for that document
now it again goes back to main for each loop where it have to take next document but it forget the value and gives this error

please suggest ASAP so that i can overcome the issue.

thanks in advance

gpal

2 Likes

Hi gpal,
i’m also facing same kind of issue.

I’m looping through the files from directory in for each.
After first iteration , when second iteration reached “Data Extraction Scope” activity encounter this error. Not sure what is the issue behind.

In for each loop,

i have Load Toxonomy
then Digitize document,
then classifying document scope
Data Extraction Scope
Present Classification Station
then export result

all these activity works fine in first iteration, but in next iteration got this error.

Please suggest anyone how can rectify this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Suresh

2 Likes

Please check variable scopes and make sure you are not overwriting any of the variables within the for each / parallel for each…

1 Like

Hi Ioana
Actually I’m working on document understanding but due accuracy issue facing lots of issues. Can you provide any learning resources on how can we use document understanding trainable model in AI Fabric and Use the ML Skill of the same in machine learning extractor in our document processing workflows and train the extractors accordingly .

Thanks In advance

1 Like

Hi Lona,

I am getting the below error while using the Create Document Validation Action activity.

I think i have given Correct permissions to the robot to create actions into the Orchestrator still i am getting this error.

I have created a storage bucket using the Orchestrator itself. Please guide me on what am i missing here? I am facing this issue since a very long time now.Run time error

20.6.0-beta.93+Branch.release-v20.6.0.

Source: Create Document Validation Action

Exception Type: UiPath.DocumentUnderstanding.Persistence.OrchestratorException

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.DocumentUnderstanding.Persistence.OrchestratorException: You are not authenticated! —> RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Microsoft.Rest.HttpOperationException: Operation returned an invalid status code ‘Unauthorized’
at UiPath.DocumentUnderstanding.Persistence.Buckets.d__5.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.DocumentUnderstanding.Persistence.BucketsExtensions.d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.DocumentUnderstanding.Persistence.OrchestratorClient.d__11`1.MoveNext()
at UiPath.DocumentUnderstanding.Persistence.OrchestratorClient.d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities.CreateDocumentValidationAction.d__6.MoveNext()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at UiPath.DocumentUnderstanding.Persistence.TaskExtensions.ThrowIfNeeded(Task task, Boolean suppressThrowException)
at UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities.BaseOrchestratorClientAsyncActivity.ThrowIfNeeded(Task task, Boolean suppressThrowException)
at UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities.BaseOrchestratorClientAsyncActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1 Like

is your studio / robot connected to the right orchestrator and tenant?

1 Like

Hi Loana,

Yes. I am actually using the Community edition to try this out but unfortunately it gives me this error.

I have gone through a few discussions on this forum and they mentioned that its the issue related to the permissions and hence i have given all the permissions available to the bot. Still i get the above error.

Thanks and Regards,

1 Like

Hi Loana,

Recently upgraded to the Community 2020.10 edition and executed the code but it gives me the same error. Please find attached the screenshot!.

DU error|690x236

The Folder permissions given to the Robot are as below.

I have created a “Orchestrator Process” for this.

Also in the “Create Document Validation Action” activity there is a property “Bucket Directory Path”. I have not mentioned any path there since i have created a Orchestrator storage bucket in the ‘Default’ folder. Is this the cause of the issue. If yes then please let me know how to determine the path.

Thanks in Advance
Rajiv

1 Like

Hi,

Any information on this issue?

I am still facing the same issue.

Regards,
Rajiv

1 Like

Hi @Rajiv_Mulchandani : are you executing this workflow from studio? If yes, on the bottom right corner, it will show Orchestrator folder context . Please confirm if you have all the relevant permissions in this folder.

@Pablito @loginerror
Facing this error though in community cloud orchestrator I cam see api key

Hi @devashish1989

Please make sure to grab your API key from the Resources on our cloud.uipath.com

2 Likes

I am facing the same issue in For each loop, its not reading the second file in that folder after wait for document validation activity. Have you find the solution for this?

1 Like