Do I need UiPath Orchestrator if I want email alert for job fails?

Dear community, I want attended robot to run during the night and if the job fails I want to be alerted by email. How do I do this? Do I need Orchestrator for that? thanks…

Hi @hellorobot

Buddy…! you can get the mail if your bot fails by using send outlook mail activity or send exchange mail activity or any other send mail activity you want or the one you have access.

While coming to your second question…!
No…!
Orchestrator main purpose is to monitor, schedule, have asset (like credentials), handle large data sets with queues and transactions, manage robots and logs. Its not made in specific to send alert mails when the bot gets failed

so to send alert mail when bot fails, kindly refer to the below xaml for your reference,

send mail.xaml (9.6 KB)

Hope this would help you

Cheers…!

4 Likes

You can have Orchestrator set up to send notifications to everyone. However, you don’t need Orchestrator for email notifications.

What you can do is have error handling in place for your project, so when an exception occurs resulting in a failure, then it sends an email. You can use the Send SMTP activity, or create a workflow that does this.

Regards.

2 Likes

Thank you so much I appreciate a lot!
Can you please tell me how Orchestrator monitors robots…? Would it send notifications?

To share the background of my question I want the robot to calculate salaries for 200 employees during the night and I wondered if error handling is enough…As accuracy is everything I wanted to know what Orchestrator can do…

Wow thanks a lot…sorry let me ask you in another way

To share the background of my question I want the robot to calculate salaries for 200 employees during the night and I wondered if error handling in the workflow is enough…
Would you invest in Orchestrator for such automation and if so can you please tell me why?

Hi @hellorobot,

Rather sending notification via mail with error in process for these many members, you can use the log messages taking it to a readable format like to excel or a csv. Either you can have the status in excel whether the process succeeds or not and send by mail with which you cn check where it got failed

Cheers…!