A distribution group (sometimes referred as distribution list or DL) is an application of email client programs that allows a user to maintain a list of email addresses and send messages to all of them at once.
Problem Statement: In a big organization, the exchange support team receives many requests for distribution list creation for their teams. It takes huge manual effort to read the requests, create distribution lists and respond to the user requests.
- The support team receives a request for distribution list creation via email.
- Robot checks all emails and filters them based on subject(For example, subject can be “Distribution List creation request”)
- Now for each matched email, robot performs the following steps until step 6
- Robot replies to the email to update user that the process is work in progress
- Then robot extracts the mail ID of the sender and details (from the mail body) like DL name, usernames to be added to DL, owner name for the DL, country code.
- Robot adds these details in a queue item in orchestrator.
7. The robot picks each request from the queue item.
8. The robot adds the country code as prefix to distribution list.(Optional step – depends on customer requirements)
9. Then the robot verifies the existence of owner in Active Directory(AD)
10. If owner exists in AD, then robot creates DL in the exchange server and adds owner to it and proceeds to next step. Else robot emails the user with the status and stops the process.
11. If DL creation is successful, robot proceeds to next step. Else robot emails the user and stops the process.
12. Now robot checks the existence of the users in Active Directory and adds only valid users as members to the distribution list.
13. Finally, robot emails the user about the successful creation of distribution list.
Microsoft Active Directory setup, Microsoft Exchange server setup, A mailbox to receive and send emails.
Industry categories for this use case: Information Technology and Services, Other Sector
Skill level required: Intermediate
UiPath Products that were used: UiPath Studio, UiPath Orchestrator
Other applications that were used: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange.
Other resources: NA
What is the top ROI driver for this use case?: Other