Difference between Multiple Virtual Machines and Automation Cloud Runtime(s)

Hi, I want to run multiple unattended foreground cloud jobs using UiPath VMs. Should I create 3 Virtual Machines, or I should create one virtual machine with 3 Automation Cloud Runtimes.

Can you explain to me these terms and explain my questions?

@gururaser

Are the processes background?

Only background process can run on multiple runtimes

Create 3 machine as you need

For more details read this

Cheers

Thanks for the answer!!
My automation is not background process.
What does multiple runtimes mean exactly? Can you explain basically ?

@gururaser

Addition runtime is an additional license using the same vm…

Basically if you have 1 foreground and multiple backgrounds to run…instead of having multiple machines which increases cost for each vm…we can use one machine and multiple licenses or runtimes assigned and can utilize the machine to the fullest…

If you have multiple foregrounds then on same machine you cannot run as one user can only tun one foreground process at a time

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you for excellent explanation.
Can you explain to me High Density Robots? What are they? Does it work for my situation?

@gururaser

They are basically which support multiple users to login to same machine at the same time…then you can run multiple foregrounds on same amchine but with different users as multiple users can login at the same time

cheers

What do you think about options? Which one seems better?
Multiple Machines or HDRs? Which one would be more efficient and cheaper?

@gururaser

First do you want to go with UiPath cloud bots or your own?

HD robots are jot there in UiPath cloud option I believe…

Normally HD are better rather than procuring multiple vms we can procure one hd robot…and upto 6 users can login simultaneously

Cheers

I want to go with UiPath cloud bots. I’m really confused. Now I am using Pro Trial that’s why I can’t understand everything clearly.

If I buy Robot Units Bundle - UiPath hosted x 2 times, will I have 2 UiPath cloud robots and 12K Robot Units?

Also I cannot find any good resource except documents about HDRs

@gururaser

Dont confuse yourself…

Robot units are needed for running robots on the purchased cloud vm’s

A cloud vm dependin on the size and configuration consumes to 2k to 6k robot units

You have to purchase robot units as you need

HDR robots are diffefent…they are your own vm’s which you would maintain and not like cloud vm which are maintained by UiPath

Please read more here to underatand Overview - Service licensing

HDR robots is a feature of uiopath…but the vm is windows server again…which supports parallel logins at the same time due to the high configuration

Cheers

I am grateful that you patiently explained all my questions to me, I feel that I am nearing the end of my questions, but there are still a few points I need to ask

So with with the robot in first picture, Can I run my foreground unattended automation in the two machines in the second photo at the same time ?

@gururaser

Absolutely…you can run as many parallel robots till you have thise many machines and licenses available to you

But here if you are saying only one robot is there…it cannot run on two at the same time…as the robot is already busy while tunning on ons machine

Cheers

Which licence(s) I must buy to have multiple Cloud Robots? Robot Units Bundle or Unattended Robot - Self hosted. Consider that all vms and everything from UiPath

@gururaser

Robot unit bundles is what you need to buy if you want to run automations on cloud UiPath vm’s

If you but unattended as you can see they are for self hosted vm’s

I would suggest talk to a UiPath sales rep for a deeper underatanding and better choosing of right package…according to usage you can gi for better tier or reduce it

Cheers

1 Like

Hi thank you a lot!!

I want to run same automation for multiple times in the different machine at the same time. Does this detail change anything you said above?

@gururaser

No it does not change anything…you need multiple vms and licenses to run parallely thats it

Cheers

Thank you for your patience and helpfulness!!

1 Like

@gururaser

If you are good close the topic…else happy to help

Happy Automation :smiling_face:

Cheers

Unfortunately my questions never ends that’s why I can’t close easily :')

How can I create multiple robots to run with multiple machines in the same pool? My version is Pro Trail, that’s why I can’t create one more VM robot?

I am going to buy some Robot Units Bundle to try to run my automation in the multiple machines at the same time. That’s why I want to be sure as possible every step

@gururaser

Go to admin page and check the licenses and robot units available for you there…from there you would know if you can create more or no

Check here on how to create cloud robot

It xannot be like never ending…if its of a different topic its better to create a different one…this helps in seggregating issues as well and give proper help

Initial one was about to know the differences…

Cheers

1 Like