Developer activities in studio x

Hello all,
First question:
Can we use developer activities (which can be seen by selecting in filter) in studio x? Is it just that they might not work as expected or will they be removed in soon in coming versions?

My goal is to add business exception and catch exceptions/system exceptions which is not possible now as try catch is not available by default in studio x.
Also, I believe REF template is not available in studio x?

Second question:
How do we debug in studio x? Are there any other options?

Third question:
Is there any way other way than grouping to segregate xamls flows? I don’t see them in new menu option.

Please help.

Hi, @murali.yk
Can we use developer activities (which can be seen by selecting in filter) in studio x? Is it just that they might not work as expected or will they be removed in soon in coming versions?

- Yes, you can. Show Developer option is introduced in 2021.10 release. Be awared that some activities may not work properly because the main usage is for Studio and not Studio X Profile. But in other hand you can improve Studio X capacity with work Developer Activities. You must try and figure out if it will work properly or not for your use case

Also, I believe REF template is not available in studio x?
You’re right. REF was design to build complex corporative automation. Studio X is design for Business User automation Simple Task.

Is there any way other way than grouping to segregate xamls flows? I don’t see them in new menu option.
You may create individual xaml files in project folder and use invoke workflow file (Developer Activities) to call these xaml files, but again, It’s not Studio X purpose build complex automation. So this might not work as expected.

Second question:
How do we debug in studio x? Are there any other options?

Some options here:

Don’t forget to mark it as a solution if the information provided helped you to clarify your question, so that the solution can help other people with the same doubt.

Cheers