Deserialize xml SOAP Error "&lt", "gt;"

I’m getting an error in deserialize xml, where there is “<” “>” instead of “<”, “>”.

I used to decode:

system.web.HttpUtility.HtmlDecode(string)

but it throws illegal character error

“Deserialize xml: Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 5, position 34.”

@Enzo_Antonio
Welcome to the forum

can you share the XML as TextFile?

SOAP XML:

Error after decode:
Deserialize xml: Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 5, position 34.

please share the original XML as Textfile, Thanks

In general we would handle:

• Do not modify the XML and deserialize it
  • handle namespaces as described in the Link below
  • do the extraction as needed

Handling doSelectReturn Content

• read the value from the doSelectReturn Element into a string Variable - strContent
  • decode the Entities - strContentDecoded
  • Deserialize strContentDecoded
  • do the Extraction of element values as needed

When decoding the entities before the first deserialization then the content of doSelectReturn is seen as a second XML and causes this issue / Exception

XML Extraction - Handling Namespaces (Tableau, Soap, OASIS types) - Help / Community - UiPath Community Forum

1 Like

as I am a new user on the forum, it does not allow me to attach files :frowning_with_open_mouth:

ok see updated post above with some starter help

Thank you very much!!! it worked very well

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.