Data Table Update Row Item Read Only

I am trying to update a data table row from a data table to set a blank column. This column is just a sql statement where it grabs a table with an inner join.

I see a few topics putting some commands out, but it is not clear how to call these. Could anyone advise on how to handle situations like these with data tables properly?

Hi @Greg_Cushing1 I think your data table only read only mode, please check you have no write permission.

First update manually if you can update it or not?

Hi @Greg_Cushing1 ,

It seems that the Schema from Database is also being reflected into the Datatable, Not totally sure why is that happening or if it is the intended way. Let us know if there is a Column in your Database which is also marked as ReadOnly or not able to be updated.

However, few checks can be made when Debug using the Immediate Panel like below :

Also maybe we could try performing the below assignment using a For Loop , to make the ReadOnly property as false.

In Values Property of For Each Activity assign the value below :

outputvdp.Columns.Cast(Of DataColumn).Select(Function(x)x.ColumnName).ToArray

In Assign Activity use the below Expression :

outputvdp.Columns(item).ReadOnly = false

This method should disable ReadOnly property for all the columns in the datatable.

Let us know if you are still receiving the same error after the changes or if you have implemented a different approach.

1 Like