Custom Google API Request (batchupdate) with existing Gsuite Application Scope

Hi everyone,

I was hoping one of you could help me!

I have a robot that is working fine, which has Gsuite Application Scope that access, reads, writes a Google Spreadsheet.

The Gsuite Application Scope uses a Service Account as the Authentication type from a JSON file.

I want to add an activity to protect a specific range of the Google Spreadsheet, which can be done with following API:

However this API is not available in the UIpath and I was wondering how could I add it to my robot?

Ideally it would use the same authentication (Service Account) from the Gsuite Application Scope, would this be possible?

If not, how could I do this? Would the HTTP REQUEST be an alternative ?

Thanks!!!

Hi Thiago_ferrari,
If custom activities are not available you can leverage existing google api using http request activity of uipath web activities package. It works just like postman tool.

Hi @shetanshudhar

Thanks for the answer!
Could you give me some guidance on how to achieve this?

I have tried to add the HTTP Request inside the GSUITE Application scope such as below:

But it still gives me a 401 error code from google, which means it is not authenticated.

BTW, what do you mean a custom activities are not available? I haven’t seen any activity for this specifically in the Google Activities.

Thanks!

Anyone?

I am also facing a similar issue where I need to update the description of a file on Google Drive. I tried using HTTP request but it needs a separate token.

@Rammohan91 can you please guide us?

Is there any update on this? Did anyone find a solution?

The HTTP request won’t work that way because it doesn’t automatically inherit the authentication from the Gsuite scope. If you want to use HTTP request, you will have to authenticate it separately.

In the scenario below, you could try setting the JSON key location in the “Client Certificate” field.

Another thing you could try is this:

I need the same to list all files under a Google Drive Folder… How can I do login with a service account by HTTP Request?

I think the easiest way would be to use the UiPath.GSuite.Activities package and use the “Find Files and Folders” activity inside a GSuite Application scope. You could make a query that returns all files in the specified folder.