Configuring Oracle Database in UiPath

Hello All,

While connecting for Oracle Database in UiPath, I’m getting an error and I’m unable to proceed further. I have attached image please check and guide me through. I have installed driver and gave a source name.

1. Install Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET): Before connecting to an Oracle database, you need to ensure that the Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET) is installed on your machine. You can download the ODP.NET driver from the Oracle website.
  2. Create a Connection String: You will need a connection string to connect to the Oracle database. The connection string includes details like the server address, username, password, and other optional parameters. Example:
Data Source=your_server_address;User Id=your_username;Password=your_password;
  1. Open UiPath Studio: Launch UiPath Studio on your machine.
  2. Create a New Project or Open an Existing One: You can either create a new project or open an existing project where you want to establish the database connection.
  3. Add Database Activities Package: In UiPath Studio, click on “Manage Packages” from the Activities panel. Search for “Database” and install the appropriate database activities package. There might be specific packages for Oracle, such as “UiPath.Database.Activities” or similar.
  4. Add a Database Connection Activity: Drag and drop a “Database Connect” activity from the Activities panel to the workflow.
  5. Configure the Database Connection: In the properties panel of the “Database Connect” activity, you need to provide the following details:
  • ConnectionString: Paste the Oracle database connection string you created earlier.
  • ProviderName: Set this to "System.Data.OracleClient".
  1. Add Database Query or Action Activities: Once the connection is established, you can add various database activities like “Execute Query”, “Insert”, “Update”, “Delete”, etc., to interact with the Oracle database.

Regards,
Karthik

Hello, I tried your method, at last I’m getting as “Connect to database: ERROR [08S01] [MySQL][ODBC 8.1(a) Driver]Lost connection to MySQL server at ‘waiting for initial communication packet’, system error: 10060”. How to proceed further?

Kindly check if the oracle is configured for remote connections.
I am guessing it’s an environment issue. Something to be done with configuration to establish the connection to the database server.

Hello,
Now I’m getting an error like"Connect to database: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 8.1(a) Driver]Can’t open named pipe to host: 192.168.100.105 pipe: MySQL (2)
ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 8.1(a) Driver]Can’t open named pipe to host: 192.168.100.105 pipe: MySQL (2)".
What does it mean?

Hello,
I’m sharing the image of my error Please look and guide me through to resolve the issue.

Hello,
Configuration is different for SQL server and Oracle SQL developer application. It’s done
Thank you…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.