Configuring and Troubleshooting SAML Integration

I tried enabling debugging as per your post but no log file is getting created on web server.any thoughts?

Hi @Amrita.Hegde,

The details mentioned in here would have been when I was using UiPath Orchestrator 2018 and 2019.

What version of Orchestrator are you on?

If you are on 2020 and higher you will most likely be using the Identity Server for SAML. Can you confirm? If so the details will likely be different.

Hi @codemonkee, I am using Orchestrator 2020.10.

Okay, I recently upgrade to 2020.10 myself and am testing AzureAD & SAML Providers in Identity Server with Azure. I’ll see if I can get debugging going with it.

I went through the motions of configuring SAML with Identity Server.

I found the following to be helpful.

1. Adding "EnablePII": true in Orchestrator/Identity/appsettings.Production.json within AppSettings if you need to reveal Personally Identifiable Information (PII). The default is false and Error messages in Event Viewer would resemble
    2021-08-31 16:46:18.0627 Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.OpenIdConnect.OpenIdConnectHandler Exception occurred while processing message.
    SecurityTokenSignatureKeyNotFoundException*IDX10501: Signature validation failed. Unable to match key: 
    kid: '[PII is hidden. For more details, see https://aka.ms/IdentityModel/PII.]'.

2. SAML Chrome Panel Chrome Extension for decoding the SAML claim on the client side.

Hi, I am testing this with orchestrator version 2020.10 No log file is created.Any suggestions?

Hi

Welcome back to uipath community

When you are running a bot all the activities in studio will have a property called PRIVATE
Enable that so that bot will run in verbose mode
Which means it’s specific edition log won’t be captured

Cheers @Amrita.Hegde

You enable verbose logging in Orchestrator Robot settings, not by setting the Private property. The Private property makes it NOT show in logs.

You view logs in Orchestrator, not in a file.

Hi ,

You can set verbos log level from uipath bot tray.

By default logs generates at below location

Thanks! However my question is not about Robot logs. I want to enable Verbose logging for Orchestrator web application to troubleshoot why SAML Authentication is not working(HTML error 500)

Fine I took this point and came up with that
Then as @ghazanfar suggested you can change logging level in agent

@postwick thank you for correcting

I merged two threads together as they were duplicate topics

I went through the motions of configuring SAML with Identity Server.

I found the following to be helpful.

1. Adding "EnablePII": true in Orchestrator/Identity/appsettings.Production.json within AppSettings if you need to reveal Personally Identifiable Information (PII). The default is false and Error messages in Event Viewer would resemble
    2021-08-31 16:46:18.0627 Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.OpenIdConnect.OpenIdConnectHandler Exception occurred while processing message.
    SecurityTokenSignatureKeyNotFoundException*IDX10501: Signature validation failed. Unable to match key: 
    kid: '[PII is hidden. For more details, see https://aka.ms/IdentityModel/PII.]'.

2. SAML Chrome Panel Chrome Extension for decoding the SAML claim on the client side.