Compare Two Data Table and find Only the UnMatch Column

Hi All,

Can anyone help me on this .
I have two Data Table and I want to compare all the column values of both Data Table and find the unmatched Column . I tried using LINQ but I am getting entire row .

I just want unmatched columns. For example if Column C and D are not matching I should get only column C and Column D and not entire rows.

- DT1
- DT2

Whatever Columns are not matching , I should get only those Unmatched columns not the entire row

@marina.dutta

For each row there might be something sifferent not matchign also in that case what to do?

Cheers

@Anil_G

we need to pick that corresponding column for that row. for example in row 2 the corresponding value of column end date is not matching with with end date of other sheet , then get the end date

@marina.dutta

So you need the quote number and mismatched column name?

If more than one column name is not matching then should we comma separate all column names ?

Cheers

@Anil_G

for example in Q30564 the payment term is Net30 and other datatable it is Net 60. Hence need to pick Total Contract Value

@Anil_G

Can we do one to one compare of each column in both DataTable. For example Quote Number with Quote Number, Payment Term with Payment Term etc and find any mismatch get that columnnames

@Anil_G

I used this query but getting entire rows of matched and unmatched column.

I used this query but getting entire rows along with unmatched columns

(From d In DT1.AsEnumerable

Let k1 = d(“QuoteNumber”).ToString.Trim

Let k2 = d(“StartDate”).ToString.Trim

Let k3 = d(“PaymentTerms”).ToString.Trim

Let k4 = d(“Total Contract Value”).ToString.Trim

Let k5 = d(“Primary Contact”).ToString.Trim

Let k6 = d(“Scheduling & Delivery”).ToString.Trim

Let k7 = d(“EndDate”).ToString.Trim

Where Not DT2.AsEnumerable.Any(Function(d2) d2(“QuoteNumber”).ToString.Trim.Equals(k1) AndAlso d2(“StartDate”).ToString.Trim.Equals(k2) AndAlso d2(“PaymentTerms”).ToString.Trim.Equals(k3) AndAlso d2(“Total Contract Value”).ToString.Trim.Equals(k4) AndAlso d2(“Primary Contact”).ToString.Trim.Equals(k5) AndAlso d2(“Scheduling & Delivery”).ToString.Trim.Equals(k6) AndAlso d2(“EndDate”).ToString.Trim.Equals(k7))

Select r = d).CopyToDataTable

I got the entire row of match and unmatch columns

. However, I just need to filter Total Contract Value column and Scheduling and DElivery Column not entire rows

@marina.dutta

Can you try this

dt1.AsEnumerable.Select(function(x) dt3.Clone.LoadDataRow({x("Quote Number").ToString,String.Join(",",dt2.AsEnumerable.First(function(y) y("Quote Number").ToString.Equals(x("Quote Number").ToString)).ItemArray.Where(function(y,i) Not y.ToString.Equals(x(i).ToString)))},False)).CopyToDataTable

dt3 should be two columns or string type…use build data table and build it…gives you the quote number and corresponding mismatched values

cheers

@Anil_G

for dt3 what should be the column name I should give ?

@marina.dutta

Quote number and Mismatched Data

cheers

@Anil_G

Ok. I shall take dt3 in assign activity ?
In assign activity I should take dt3= dt1.AsEnumerable.Select(function(x) dt3.Clone.LoadDataRow({x(“Quote Number”).ToString,String.Join(“,”,dt2.AsEnumerable.First(function(y) y(“Quote Number”).ToString.Equals(x(“Quote Number”).ToString)).ItemArray.Where(function(y,i) Not y.ToString.Equals(x(i).ToString)))},False)).CopyToDataTable

@marina.dutta

yes please

cheers

@Anil_G

Hi Anil,

I am almost near to Result.

Just one thing can I get the mismatch Column Names.
Below is the output which I got and Also is it possible to compare Null value with Column Value. For example In Scheduling&Delivery column QuoteNumber 29530 has text but other Quote doesnot have. Is it possible to compare

@marina.dutta

for no column you can add a column using add data column and compare else there is nothign to comapre so it would not

add it in same order

for column names try this

dt1.AsEnumerable.Select(function(x) dt3.Clone.LoadDataRow({x("Quote Number").ToString,String.Join(",",dt2.AsEnumerable.First(function(y) y("Quote Number").ToString.Equals(x("Quote Number").ToString)).ItemArray.Select(function(y,i) If(Not y.ToString.Equals(x(i).ToString),dt1.Columns(i).ColumnName,"")).Cast(Of String).Where(function(z) Not STring.IsNullOrEmpty(z)))},False)).CopyToDataTable

cheers

1 Like

@Anil_G

For the query of column names , I am getting below error . Its showing sequence contains no matching elements

@marina.dutta

Looks like the First condition of matching is failing…please check if there are any matching quote numbers…

Cheers

@Anil_G

All the three Quote numbers are matching in both sheets.(Both DT1 and DT2 have matching Quote Numbers)

@marina.dutta

can you check if any of the datatable is empty…as I ran the query with sample data and output is as expected

cheers

@Anil_G

DT1 is first datatable for Read Range.
DT2 for second Read range

dt3 is my datatable dt_results1

I did build datatable dt_results1

DT1.AsEnumerable.Select(Function(x) dt_results1.Clone.LoadDataRow({x(“QuoteNumber”).ToString,String.Join(“,”,DT2.AsEnumerable.First(Function(y) y(“QuoteNumber”).ToString.Equals(x(“QuoteNumber”).ToString)).ItemArray.Select(Function(y,i) If(Not y.ToString.Equals(x(i).ToString),DT1.Columns(i).ColumnName,“”)).Cast(Of String).Where(Function(z) Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(z)))},False)).CopyToDataTable

@marina.dutta

did you add the missing column?

Please attach sample here as for the sample with me it si working

Also remove the first row from the build datatable for result

dt1
dt2
dt3
Result

cheers