Communication between uipath and the taxonomy manager ended unexpectedly

Hello All,

I’m Trying to use the intelligent OCR commands but i keep receiving the error “Communication between uipath and the taxonomy manager ended unexpectedly”.
I have installed the latest version of the “Uipath CefSharp Bundle” but it hasn’t solved the issue.
Could someone kindly guide me on this?
Thanks in advance.


Welcome to UiPath forum

Have a view on this thread with similar scenario

Cheers @pawanmane007


Thanks for your response. But as per the mentioned thread, I have installed the Uipath CerfSharp bundle, but it has not resolved the issue.


I have the same issue. Do you have any solution?


Try to update package of UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities to [3.0.0] version.

For me it works

Hi @pawanmane007
Follow my approach, i can assure you it will occur 100%.

  1. Download this Runtime to use Taxonomy manager :
  1. Change the version of your Uipath.IntelligentOCR.Activities = V5.0.0

I hope, this approach will solve your issue. If it works please, let me know by MARKING IT AS SOLUTION.

1 Like

I encountered the same problem after I updated my window last night. Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime was automatically updated from V6.0 to V6.5 after the window update. But then today, the Taxonomy in my project shows the exactly the same problem as the error message in this thread.

Uipath.IntelligentOCR.Activities in my project is 6.5

To solve the problem, I uninstalled Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 6.5 and reinstalled Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0. The Taxonomy works again!!!

To recap, I agree with the Ritesh_Burman. The version of Microsoft runtime likely is the issue. But the version does not need to be as old. Microsoft runtime can be 6.0 and Uipath.IntelligentOCR.Activities can be 6.5

Hi sj_lin
i got the same issue which mentioned above,your solution two steps resolved my issue.Thank you so much.

I was having this same issue for a minute and found that if I went back into managed packages and reduced the version for the additional packages to stable, non-preview/beta, versions then the error stopped and taxonomy would load for me again. Maybe this will help.

This solution resolved my issue… thanks

Hello All,
Try to update UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities but make sure not update preview version.

thank you. it worked for me!