Click on CurrentRow in For each row in data table

Hello,

I am pretty new to Ui Path and I have been struggling with the following problem for weeks now, maybe someone can help me.

I am using a desktop application that contains a data table. What I want is to click on an element in each row of the data table. The Data table does not start or end with a fixed row number in the locator.

What I tried to do is extract the data table and then use “for each row in data table” to iterate through each row, then I tried unsuccessfully to get the currently used row number out of the “CurrentRow” element.

What I would also like is the workflow to check for a value in another column and if it is present then do anther set of actions.

I hope I have described the situation well enough so someone can help me.

Many thanks in advance!

@gollowitzer

Use the value you want to search in your selector to find it may be in a name attribute as it is a desktop application

Cheers

Hi, in what selector should I look for it? The click selector?

please clarify your question as it little bit confusing so that we can get good understanding to solve it.

1. what you mean by: The Data table does not start or end with a fixed row number in the locator.

2. the desktop app you using contains any data which you are extracting to datatable?

3. explain this ?
    What I would also like is the workflow to check for a value in another column and if it is present then do anther set of actions.

thanks
Happy Automation
Tukdi. :slight_smile:

Hi Hammad,
I will try to explain it a bit better.

The data table is a mail inbox, with the first collumn beeing the name and the others beeing other attrebuits of the mail.

1. The Data table is on different days a different size (its a mail application, not outlook or anything similar though). What i meant was I am not working with a fixed number of rows. Sometime I want to click on all rows that contain a certain name.

2. the Desktop app has a data table which i am extracting using “extract data table”

3. So basically I would I the workflow to check each row for a simbol and then do another set of actions.

I think my Problem is easily solved by just checking each row for the name of the person whos mail i want to print, while also checking for the simbol.
The reason why I would like to filer my data table using “filter data table” is the issue of speed as the data table can get quit big (40 rows and 19 collumns)

I hope this helps
thank you in advance!