Click massive Excel cells

Hi all, I have an excel file containing values ​​in date format, which however are not recognized as dates until after I have clicked on the cell containing them and pressed enter.
Does anyone have a better solution instead of clicking and entering, because I have too many cells (over 50000) to click and the bot takes too long to do it?

Hi @Simone_Trenta
In UiPath, you can use the Get Text activity to extract the text from a date cell and then use a regex or the DateTime.Parse method to parse the text and recognize it as a date.

Here is an example of how you could extract and parse the text from a date cell using the Get Text and DateTime.Parse activities:

1. Use the Get Text activity to extract the text from the date cell.
  2. Use the DateTime.Parse method to parse the text and recognize it as a date. You can do this by using an Assign activity to assign the result of the DateTime.Parse method to a variable.

For example, the following code would extract the text from a date cell and parse it as a date, storing the result in a variable called parsedDate:

Text = Get Text(dateCell)
parsedDate = DateTime.Parse(Text)

Alternatively, you can use a regex to recognize the date in the text. To do this, you can use the Regex.Match method to search for a pattern that matches the format of the date in the text. If a match is found, you can use the Match.Value property to extract the date from the text.

Here is an example of how you could use a regex to recognize a date in the text extracted from a date cell:

Text = Get Text(dateCell)
regex = "\d{2}-\d{2}-\d{4}"
match = Regex.Match(Text, regex)
If match.Success Then
    parsedDate = match.Value
End If

Cheers.

I have already the DataTable with recognized date format cells.
In my excel file i have columns in date format, but when the bot write the datatable using write range in excel scope, the values in data format isn’t recognized as date.

@Simone_Trenta

if you select the column and do a format change manually, is it working? ( Home->format->Format cells)

If yes, you can use Format cell activity to change the format of the values.

Thanks

Not, it works only if i click on cell and then send enter (with the cell format in date)

will that be possible to share a dummy table with the specified formated data?

Thanks

Yeah,
DummyFile_Table.xls (1.7 MB)
the first 18750 rows is correctly formatted because i clicked and send enter in cycle but it is too long to do for all…

Thanks