Citrix sap automation

Citrix sap automation

Use Case Description

Hi

I want to automate the sap by opening the citrix in chrome and then navigate to sap, but the problem is I can’t getting selector only the approach is using image automation .

But while executing the bot image exists activities are getting failed . Is there any approach for automating the sap in citrix without image automation ?

Regards,

AS-IS WORKFLOW, TO-BE WORKFLOW

-

Other information about the use case

Industry categories for this use case: Manufacturing

Skill level required: Intermediate

UiPath Products that were used: UiPath Studio

Other applications that were used: Citrix , Sap

Other resources: -

What is the top ROI driver for this use case?: Increase employee engagement

There are plugins you can install on the Citrix server as well as UiPath server(s) that allow identification of objects through Citrix as if it’s a normal desktop environment.

I’ve never done it, but I assume then you could use the UiPath SAP-specific activities…

Anyway, I’ve done lots of automations with Citrix where we couldn’t use the plugin, and I did it all with image recognition. It’s very sensitive to screen resolution, though.

Hi Postwick,

Thanks for fast rply.

1.First I’m connectinv to Rdp through horizon client.
2.There i have to open studio and develop the code. In the code I have to interact with chrome and open the citrix and launching sap. I’m unable to get selectors in sap.
3.I have already installed citrix receiver in the Rdp.

Any possibilities to develop the code. Image automation was getting failed.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat.

I remember that when I learned UiPath in 2017, the only way to automate Citrix was through image activities

Try using the latest Computer Vision activities from the 2022 version of Studio, maybe those work better

You need to install it on the Citrix server that’s serving up SAP, and on the Horizon/RDP server you’re developing on.

You don’t really need CV. You can just do it with the regular activities and set them to image instead of selector.