Change email address for git integration

Installer(.exe or .msi): exe

License type(Free, Trial/License code): Free

Studio/Robot version: 2019.6.0

Current behavior: git commit email change

Screenshot: n/a

When starting my first git init within 2019.6.0, I mistyped my email address and can’t find out how to change it. I’ve checked in the appdata/local config files and the .git config files as well. Is this possible?

Hey @Ethan_Levine

I think you have to remove remote repository and add it again. It may work.
For more description about git integration refere this

Managing Projects with GIT

Hi @Mr.StarLord_AO,

I’ve tried only with the local git init, not a remote repo so this may behave differently as I don’t get an option to set my name/email even after disconnecting/reinitiating the local git repo. If I do any git init on new projects, it goes straight to the comment/commit UI without asking for my name/email.

@Ethan_Levine Have you got solution on this yet? I am also facing same issue. If you got any solution, kindly post here.

@Ethan_Levine : I got the solution for this by editing .gitconfig file from system with updated user id and email id. This can reset the git signature with this workaround. Hope this will work for you as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for this! helped me a lot.

For this,

1. Open your Windows Credential Manager (available in windows, search by pressing windows key)
  2. You get 2 options - Web Credentials and Windows Credentials, select the windows option
  3. Under Generic Credentials, you will find the credential added by UiPath - check for modified date: Today /latest and username would be same as what you entered
  4. Delete this credential and then when you re-try to push back to repository, UiPath will again ask for login then you can enter your correct credentials.