Can't send SMTP mail message - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi all,

Can anyone give me some lights with this? I’ve a robot that is creating a .pdfl file and saving with a name that came from a variable + the datetime from now. And then, i need to send a smtp mail with that .pdf file but it’s returning me the error:

Send SMTP Mail Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hey @joao.lima,
the error seems to be in the send SMTP Mail message activity, since there is no error in the image you posted.
Could you try showing us the properties of that activity? Should look something like this:

(Don’t forget to edit out the passwords and sensitive information, if it is present there)

You could also try using the Path Exists Activity to make sure the file is created and exists, before attaching it to the Send message.

@joao.lima

Can you share us the send smtp properties?

Also make sure that you have the file is present in the same path as below

Also you can check that in a message box and try to match the path

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hi,

Below is the properties of the send smtp.

Hmmm… I don’t see anything special there… Maybe try the Path Exists Activity befor sending this message. It will tell you if you have an error in the path perhaps.

I already tried that activity and no error was showed. I’m really stuck :woozy_face:

1 Like