Cannot use Outlook account

Hi there,
Unfortunately when I am trying to connect my email address into “Use Outlook” activity instead of default account. I am getting errors.
Somehow, the StudioX is unable to identify my account in outlook?
Does anyone have a fix or workout for this?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
The error was:

Source: Use Outlook Account

Message: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘System.__ComObject’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

Exception Type: System.InvalidCastException

RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘System.__ComObject’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).
at UiPath.Mail.OutlookAPI.InitOutlook()
at UiPath.Mail.Outlook.OutlookAccountWithStoreDetectionService.GetLocallyMappedStoreAccounts()
at UiPath.Mail.Outlook.OutlookAccountWithStoreDetectionService.GetAccountDisplayName(String accountWithStoreName)
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Hello,

can you please describe better when exactly you get the error?
what office version do you use? what type of email account: exchange, imap, pop ?
thank you

Hi there,

Yes for sure…
I am not able to get my email in the account drop-down list so I made my existing account as default.
It is of type: IMAP

Version: 2004

I believe, I was using my office email for Microsoft offices but I cannot access it right now so I am trying to migrate it to my personal account. Saying that, I am still not sure how to make outlook working with studioX

version 2004? version of what?
so basicaly you have the outlook card and you don’t see the account on the dropdown on the card?

Seems to be a problem with your office installation. Please try to repair office and try again.

Hello,

I have the same problem and i repaired my office and uninstall and install again studio X, but it still not working.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Error

Getting This error, unable to add the outlook account

have you tried a repair on your office install?

Any documented resolution on this issue ?

Click Quick repair in Microsoft Office from Programs and Features (Control Panel), it will reinstall MS office after that above error not coming for me.