Troubleshoot "Logging into Orchestrator Web App throws MSDTC error in Event Viewer when SQL Server is located on a different server" ?
Perform the below steps to troubleshoot Logging into Orchestrator Web App throws Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) error in Event Viewer when SQL Server is located on a different server:
- Open Computer Management and navigate to System Tools --> Local Users and Groups --> Groups
- Right-click and select Add to Group. Then click Add and add the user group that is logging into the Orchestrator Web App
- Restart "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" service
- Log into the server where SQL Server is located and click Start and enter dcomcnfg. Press Enter to open.
- Navigate to Component Services --> Computers --> My Computer --> Distributed Transaction Coordinator --> Local DTC.
- Right-click on Local DTC and select Properties
- Navigate to Security tab and select below options
- Network DTC Access
- Allow Inbound
- Allow Outbound
- Enable XA Transactions
- Enable SNA LU 6.2 Transactions
- Restart the "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" service
- Perform IIS Reset on Orchestrator web server and login.