Cannot install chrome extension offline

Anyone knows how to fix this? I have extracted the chrome extension from a usable PC and installed the extension offline to another PC. But it is not working. I suspect that the ID of this extension changes from dpncpimghfponcpjkgihfikppbbhchil to jfipdlickfmhkobgadiminjgpnghjoje.

HI @cunama,
Refer this link

Hi @akila93, my problem is this is a server that cannot access internet as well as chrome store. So I have to install the extension offline. your link is not working in my case but thanks anyway.

Check if it helps.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Hi @Rammohan91, I have tried this file before but the problem is although I have added the extension in Chrome (which i can see the icon on the top right corner of Chrome), but I still cannot identify the elements and it showed above screen shot. And this is a very common issue here in China where we cannot access Google, and some clients they cannot even access internet at all. Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi cunama,

I had same issue and solved it by doing the followings.

1. Download UiPath extension using a internet-enabled computer
  2. Retrieve downloaded extension from “C:\Users[user name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\dpncpimghfponcpjkgihfikppbbhchil”
  3. Copy the folder to the server (there is no need to put it into extension folder of chrome)
  4. Open Chrome, type in URL “chrome://extensions”
  5. Turn “Developer Mode” on (the switch is on the right up corner)
  6. A menu bar will appear, there are 3 commands, “Load Unpacked”, “Pack extension”, “Update”
  7. Click “Load Unpacked” and choose the subfolder of the folder you copied. (its name looks like version)

Bill