Better way to read Word data?

automating Reading from Microsoft Word is crucial as most of the forms are Word-based and we know that we can automate reading the data from word via Read text+REGEX but it would be really important to have an easier approach where we have an anchor-based approach.

can this feature be introduced?

@firas
As you already said Read text + Regex so far we have only that approach i think and that is the easiest approach .

Can you explain your exact task and what made you think of this anchor based approach?

May with the clarity of your task we can think of a alternatives we have

Regards
Sudharsan

Thank you for your prompt reply.

well, I am not a developer but I am really enjoying doing automations that helped me a lot in freeing myself from tedious work.

I always struggle with automating reading text from Word as I know nothing about REGEX. introducing the Anchor based solution will help non-developers like me to accomplish more automations easily; it will be just like reading data from web where you can just add the anchor and define the text area and that’s it!

Yes, But make this point into your account

• If you have data in the multiple pages of the word file you need to make scroll for each data and if the selectors messed you will be get a whole burden on your self.

Using regex is best way you get that , and learning regex is not so difficult and anyone can understand that if you begin to learn that trust me , you will throw this anchor based method from your mind

Attaching few links in that you can learn regex

Regards
Sudharsan

thanks for your great reply; i really appreciate it.

i will surely go through those links

thank you once again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.