Automation cloud for community - brand new installation question, first time newbie

Will the community edition run on my standalone personal laptop with Win10? Will it run with Wi-Fi, or does it require an internet cable connection? Is all the data and community edition software hosted in the cloud? Do I have to download “extra” software and drivers on my laptop computer and then boot up any processes from my laptop OS? Thank you for the help, Timothy

HI,

Will the community edition run on my standalone personal laptop with Win10?

Yes. Please check the following document whether your machine is filled with requirement.

It’s necessary to connect to automation cloud on the internet to get active license, using any telecommunication way.
If we have Enterprise license except cloud license, we can use it standalone and offline.

Is all the data and community edition software hosted in the cloud?

No. We need to install UiPath software (UiPath Studio etc.) into our PC.
If you use only StudioWeb which is deployed in AutomationCloud, the answer is yes.

Do I have to download “extra” software and drivers on my laptop computer and then boot up any processes from my laptop OS?

In general, it’s unnecessary if we use UiPath installer.
We can launch automation process using UiPath Robot or UiPath Studio etc.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Thank you so much, Yoichi, for answering my message so quickly. Yes, your info was very helpful.

What is the link to the UniPath Installer that will install the software in the cloud and configure the settings on my standalone laptop computer?
Per your suggestion, I would like to use AutomationCloud and StudioWeb if possible.

Have a good day,
Timothy

| Yoichi MVP 2023
June 8 |

• | - |

HI,

Will the community edition run on my standalone personal laptop with Win10?

Yes. Please check the following document whether your machine is filled with requirement.

https://docs.uipath.com/studio/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/hardware-and-software-requirements

brokermate:

Will it run with Wi-Fi, does it require an internet cable connection?

It’s necessary to connect to automation cloud on the internet to get active license, using any telecommunication way.
If we have Enterprise license except cloud license, we can use it standalone and offline.

Is all the data and community edition software hosted in the cloud?

No. We need to install UiPath software (UiPath Studio etc.) into our PC.
If you use only StudioWeb which is deployed in AutomationCloud, the answer is yes.

Do I have to download “extra” software and drivers on my laptop computer and then boot up any processes from my laptop OS?

In general, it’s unnecessary if we use UiPath installer.
We can launch automation process using UiPath Robot or UiPath Studio etc.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

@brokermate

1. If you are usingn automation cloud and studio web then you need internet and there is no need to install anything as everything is on cloud…studio web is a component on orchestrator directly
  2. If you want to use standalone…then community does not support that you need to request a enterprise license or a trail enterprise license which is of 60 days and can install the orchestrator and studio on your system and use them…this requires a good amount of space as orchestrator is little bulky…
  3. On automation cloud also you can use studio from your local machine which again will be connected through lincense via UiPath assistant and will need internet again to connect to cloud and with this you can develop robots on your local system
  4. UiPath robot is installed by default when you install UiPath studio on your laptop and that is required to run the robot on your system

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hi,

Do you already have account of UiPath Automation Cloud?

If not, the following link helps you.

https://cloud.uipath.com/portal_/register?subscriptionPlan=community&ecommerceRedirect=false

In Automation Cloud, we can get installer in ResourceCenter (Click the following “Download” link)

And we can launch StudioWeb from the following.

Regards,