Aut save disabling in excel after each write cell

Hi,

I am working on a heavy excel sheet for automation, writing data in many cells, and i need the excel application to save the sheet only at the end. However, the automation is saving the sheet after every write cell and thus making the process extremely slow.

Is there a workaround or a way to ensure that the save is skipped?

Also, someone told me about AutoSave property in WriteCell activity, but I cannot see that one in my Studio, although my colleague can see the same for the same workflow. So this option to avoid saving is not working for me.

Any inputs on both the issues would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Sarika

1 Like

Please refer this

Better late then never, but this was the post I found when searching this problem.

A workaround is to leave an “Excel Application Scope” INSIDE of another one.
The first scope has all the Write cells except the last one, so the second Scope has only the last Write cell.
Make sure that just the Scope inside have AutoSave On.

2 Likes

In case anyone is facing the same issue, you might want to use Assign activity instead of Write cell activity to assign the formula to the cell for each row in the datatable. The trick is to put this Assign activity inside an excel application scope so that the formula will be evaluated by Excel and the results displayed in the cell instead of the formula.

We can do below steps,

1. Use Excel application scope - Untick save changes & create output variable for workbook.
    1.1 Read range to read all the data.
  2. Use Excel application scope, instead of path use workbook variable we created in first excel application scope, untick save changes.
  3. Iterate through each row till dt.row.count
  4. Use write cell in for each loop.
  5. Use save workbook activity outside the for each loop.

I was also looking for that option, seems like it doesn’t exist anymore. The workaround was to create a datatable row and write the entire row to excel. Saved tremendous time in the process