Append Range: Could not write the data table DataTable starting with cell A1

Hi All,

When I am trying to use append range activity in excel application scope its throwing error as “Could not write the data table DataTable starting with cell A1”.
I tried to apply some delay before the activity and also added kill process for excel but I am still facing same issue.

Please provide some suggestion to overcome this issue.

Have you checked the add headers property?

In Append range, I can’t see any headers property. But for write range I have done that.

Hi @shubham,

Can you please help us with the workflow or snapshot of it with excel file.

And in the mean time which append range activity are you using??

is it from excel or file activity!!

Hi @kantheshm,

I am using append range from Excel. Below are screenshot of my flow and excel. Actual flow is quite big but I have added snap where I am using the activity.

Before appending data just use read range to see what it is holding…

And do rows .count for that data table. If possible attach the snapshot of error as well…

For read range count it showing 0 as there is no data right now in sheet.

Exception -
RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Excel.ExcelException: Could not write the data table DataTable starting with cell A1. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Dynamic.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message)

Can you please check the value of datatable variable, while running the workflow…

Please share snapshot of it

Not sure which snapshot was required. I have added my flow snap which shows I am adding new row in exceptionList Table and that exceptionList table varible is added to Append range.

And while debugging its not throwing error for Add data row and add new row to it but throwing error on Append range.

check the datatable Variable value, if possible share me the snapshot.

I think, there might be issue with the data before writing it to…

It got resolved by restarting the Machine. Not sure what was the cause for it.
Thanks All for help.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.