API call methods using UiPath StudioX

Hi, I am trying to use UiPath StudioX’s feature HTTPS Request.
In the updated UiPath StudioX we are provided with two features, either paste the curl or configure the API manually using the Configure option.
When I am trying to paste the curl and validate it, it throws an error:
But even after ignoring this message, if I import the API and click on preview instead of getting the output, I get the error:
This API is working fine in Postman, can you help me find the issue?
Plus, how am I supposed to sore the values that I get after calling the API? which could be used later in the same automation process?

@Shreesh_Bhardwaj

From the curl just remove —location and then import …it should work as expected

In the http request you have ouput variables which is responsestatus and response …which will give the api response in variable which can be used later on

Cheers

1 Like

Hi,
I removed the --location tag as well, but the error message still persists.

I imported the API after removing the location tag and it shows me a screen like this in the Configure pane.
When I hit on preview, I still get the same error:

The same curl if I use in Postman gives the correct result.

@Shreesh_Bhardwaj

As per the preview we can see that the status code is 200…so call is successful

Can you say what is expected result?

If you remove location import will be successful

Cheers

1 Like

Yeah sure. When the same API is hit using Postman, this is the desired output:

But it’s not coming in UiPath.
Also, the import was successful after I removed the --location tag, thanks for that.

@Shreesh_Bhardwaj

Change access response as needed from the dropdown

Also run it and not in preview and check

Cheers

1 Like

Sure, will try that. Thank you so much.

1 Like

I also want to know that how will I be able to solve this issue:

And if I am directly supposed to run this automation, where can I store the data generated, because in the new StudioX update, I am unable to find the output variable.

Hi, I have discovered how to get this working, I was looking for the properties pane for this project, I have found it and will resume my work.
The above place one can find the properties pane.
Thanks for the help.

error": “400 Bad Request: Failed to decode JSON object: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)”

Hi all, I have got this error response while executing an API call from UiPath, what could this mean?

@Shreesh_Bhardwaj

Response type is given as application/json i guess…please use correct response format

cheers

1 Like

I need the response in json only, hence I have set the format for same, as you can see here:
Am I missing something?

@Shreesh_Bhardwaj

two things here

1. you will set the format here, what you are showing is the input body format

1. As per screenshot you provided the response does not seem to be json but seems a text/plain.please check the same

cheers

1 Like

Oh, let me try with that as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.