Analyze project with command line tool

I am currently trying to extend our CI/CD pipeline with the new workflow analyzer with the command line api. In the process a number of observations and questions came up.

• Analyzing a small project in Studio takes a few seconds at best. The command line tool takes maybe 20 seconds just to generate any kind of output, even if it is only an error about a wrong parameter. Why is that?

• There is no output to the command line and no file seems to be generated. How am I suppsed to see the result?

• How can I specify which set of rules should be applied? We are running our code validation on a build agent and the rules should be passed as a parameter, and not hardcoded into the UiPath installation.

I am starting the analyzer from inside the project root as follows:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath.Studio.CommandLine.exe" analyze -p .\project.json

and

"C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath.Studio.CommandLine.exe" analyze-file -p .\Main.xaml

Did anybody collect some experience with this tool by now?

An Issue related to the third point is mentioned here.

Hi @mrpf

If you are able to open it workflow and choose analyse file or validate errors in new version we can do

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Hi @AshwinS2
I’m not sure I understand your comment or how it relates to my questions. could you rephrase that?
Thank you