I get text from mainframe as string (I have two values ) like this:

val1=526.12,50-
val2=226.78,20-

I want to do the addition (sum) between the two

what is the good approach to use in order get the result
tHANK YOU

Hello @nora_ziani ,

You can use the below to get the Sum :
(Cdbl(Val1.Replace(“-”,“”).Replace(“,”,“”))+CDbl(Val2.Replace(“-”,“”).Replace(“,”,“”))).ToString

Regards,
Rohith

Hi,

FYI, another solution:

Double.Parse(val1.Trim("-"c),System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("ES-es"))+Double.Parse(val2.Trim("-"c),System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("ES-es"))

Regards,

2 Likes

Hello,

thank you but i think i must have this value

Hi,

Is . thousand separator? If so, the following will work.

(Double.Parse(val1.Trim("-"c),System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("ES-es"))+Double.Parse(val2.Trim("-"c),System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("ES-es"))).ToString("N2",System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("ES-es"))

Regards,

Hello,

Thank you for the response but just it gives this value 75.290,70
I think it is not correct

@nora_ziani How about using this in assign activity

Cdbl(Str1.Replace("-","").Replace(",","").Trim) + Cdbl(Str2.Replace("-","").Replace(",","").Trim)

Output

Output

Refer attached workflow

Example.zip (2.8 KB)

1 Like

Hi,

Do you mean your string has 2 value : 526.12 and 50 ?
Or, can you clarify definition of "," and "." in the string? For example, the above expression handles . as thousand separator and , as decimal separator like European style.

Regards,

1 Like

yes , it is like double type it is one number

HI,

Alright, can you try the following?

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace((Double.Parse(val1.Trim("-"c),System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("ES-es"))+Double.Parse(val2.Trim("-"c),System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("ES-es"))).ToString("F2",System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("ES-es")),"(?<=\d)(?=\d\d\,)",".")

Regards,