Active Directory activities package

I was thinking about this for some time and i want to gather opinions from our user base. Would an IT department be interested in using Studio for automating repetitive Active Directory tasks?
I know that for these type of actions there is a powerful tool called Windows Powershell - but we can bring something more to that, in our Studio, i`m sure.
I can give a simple example of an workflow :slight_smile:

• user send email to IT department, with the new password when the existing one expires
  • our workflow read this email as its arrives, takes the password and then, connects to AD, search for this user (its the sender of the email) and changes the password.

Looking forward to hear more about this, and also scenarios where a dedicated activity would help.

1 Like

@Gabriel_Tatu, please post if you get the solution for your query! I also need the same.

Thanks,
Looking forward for solution.

2 Likes

Using UIPATH, Is it possible to record or automate Microsoft Active Directory activities like user creation, modify user, adding & removing users to/from group, enabling & disabling users etc.

I am unable to record active directory activities(both manual & automatic). Is there anything I am missing

If UIPATH does not directly support it, what is the suggested work around within UIPath

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

1 Like

I guess it depends on the specific tool you are using for AD administration. It could be useful to post a more detailed example of what you are unable to achieve in the #rpa-dev:how-to category, so other people could try to help out.

There are also various alternatives to graphical tools. For example, you could use the .NET System.DirectoryServices namespace to interact with the directory from an Invoke Code activity, or the PowerShell command/script activities with cmdlets from the Active Directory module.

anas4747 Do you find any solution? I need automate activities in Active Directory, Could you give me ideas? Thank you!!

Hi friend, i also need the same, Can you help me?

@Gabriel_Tatu

thanks for sharing great idea. Every company has huge work related to AD.
when we can see this live ?

Regards,
Aditya

Well, i just have an ideea, maybe someone will implement it, i m no dev. Maybe in UiPath Go.

@Gabriel_Tatu

Thanks for idea…
:+1:

Great Idea, I have started getting questions on how to do this efficiently.

Hi All,

We recently had a walkthrough for one of the process from clients where they create user accounts in Microsoft active directory.

Team receives an email from a HR portal with an excel sheet attached(standard format) which has all details to create user account.
As soon as the team receives this email they will take RDP of a machine which has MS active directory.
Opens the AD console and create user account.
AD console looks like a visual tree with folder and subfolder structure in the left page and related records in the right pane.
As per the email received team should right click on the correct subfolder(like region/department/role) and then create a user profile there.

We have asked business to setup an environment with all the required applications installed to work on a POC and to check uipath compatibility with AD screens.

Will keep you posted once we start the feasibility check.
Meanwhile someone who has already worked on this can help us with the suggestions/insights

check the below link:
https://go.uipath.com/component/active-directory-activities-66f7f5

regards,
Pathrudu Chintakayala

@Gabriel_Tatu here are the activities published on GO

https://go.uipath.com/component/active-directory-activities-66f7f5

Regards,
Pathrudu

guys, we have an official public package IT Automation Activities for Active Directory Domain Services

4 Likes

Please check “Employees Onboarding” scenarios in IT Automation Activities for Active Directory Domain Services article.

2 Likes

Just checked…its really a good news…shared the same with my team who are currently working on AD. I’ll let you know the feedback in couple of days. Thanks a lot again

3 Likes