Abbyy OCR Error/Issue

Hello Community,

Number 1:
Lately I’ve been trying to use Abbyy Fine Reader OCR Engine to extract data from a scanned pdf form.
I would say this has been going okay, but not great. I’ve had most success with using the Citrix Recorder and the Scrape Relative functionality. Anyone else been trying something similar with success? All tips are appreciated.

Number 2:
The Abbyy OCR Engine has been working nicely so far, but all of a sudden today it stopped working. I didn’t change anything the activity “Abbyy OCR” just started giving me the this error:

“Abbyy OCR: Error performing OCR: AbbyyInternalError”

Anyone else encountered this issue? Or anyone with an idea of what this can be or how I solve it?

Thanks,

About 1, you mean had better results using other engines (Google or Microsoft) when reading the scanned PDF? Or you had better results with FineReader when reading elements from a Citrix Environment?

About 2, please post the full error message (click on Details) so others can have more information to help you. In any case, you might want to check whether your license is still valid or if there were any changes in the installation folder of FineReader Engine.

Go for Google Cloud OCR, Abby Cloud OCR, MS Cloud OCR or Abby FexiCapture (paid) (Intelligent OCR)

they give much much better results

Hi,

I’ve the same problem with Abbyy OCR as you described in Number 2. Did you found any solution to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Hi all!

I’m getting the same issue:

18.4.2+Branch.master.Sha.9888b477be8d3ec8a832306fc59c34ba6edad108

Source: Abbyy OCR

Exception Type: System.Exception

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Exception: Error performing OCR: AbbyyInternalError

Server stack trace:
at UiPath.Vision.VisionProcessor.ScrapeUsingHostService(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken)
at UiPath.Vision.VisionProcessor.Scrape(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken, Boolean useHostProcess)
at UiPath.Vision.UiImage.ScrapeOCR(OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.OCREngineActivity.<>c__DisplayClass39_0.b__0()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object args, Object server, Object& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.Func1.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result) at UiPath.Core.Activities.OCREngineActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result) at UiPath.Core.Activities.AbbyyOCR.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result) at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity1.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Does someone know the cause of this error?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dani