ABBYY Flexicapture integration with UiPath

Thank you! It’s work!

2 Likes

Maybe you know:

1. How to integrate FlexiCapture OCR: I need use only IntelligentOCR Score? Or I need to specify path to FC 12 engine too?
  2. If no, how UiPath recognise that FC 12 has been already installed?
  3. If I have server with FC 12 engine (another PC), how to specify connection between studio and Abbyy server?
2 Likes
  1. These activities are the integration points for FC OCR so you shouldn’t have to do anything apart from using them.
  2. As long as you have FC Engine licensed and running on your local, it should work. I am not sure exactly how it recognises it but may be a registry key it looks for.
  3. You need to have FC engine running locally alongside your studio or locally on the robot machine if it’s a back office robot.

All these details should have been provided if you have gone through ABBYY licensing process via UiPath.

3 Likes

I also got the issue when using FlexiCapture Session (see error below) even though I have Abbyy FlexiCapture 12 (12.0.1.516) install and run fine as stand-alone application. Is there any detail document/tutorial about how to use/configure FlexiCapture activity to perform OCR with Abbyy FlexiCapture?

"Main has thrown an exception

Source: FlexiCapture Session

Message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C0003003-0000-48FF-9197-57B7554849BA} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

Exception Type: COMException

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C0003003-0000-48FF-9197-57B7554849BA} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at UiPath.FlexiCapture.Activities.FlexiCaptureSession.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.FlexiCapture.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)"

3 Likes

How can i use Flexicapture activity…Can anyone share the sample workflow. want to extract data from PDF…
i have created Document definition files in flexicapture studio. Just want to integrate them with UiPath.
Help me on this.

3 Likes

hi, encountered same exception in my environment(UiPath 2018 Studio 2018.2.3 + ABBYY FlexiCapture 11) , how to resolve this?

Message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C0003003-0000-48FF-9197-57B7554849BA} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

Exception Type: COMException

2 Likes

Hey, everyone!

I have the same “COMException” problem with using IntelegentOCR.
We all need help :slight_smile: .

Error message:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C0003003-0000-48FF-9197-57B7554849BA} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

2 Likes

I am using Abbyy FC 12 Trail, so far they support me a lot such as error occurred, nupkg, etc. so the best way is better you contact them, they will guide you and give you the right nupkg like I did.

1 Like

Flexicapture activities work only with Abbyy FC Engine 12.

1 Like

I too facing the same issue, But i couldn’t find a solution yet

1 Like

I have seen this error when your FC Engine does not have the correct license. If you want to know the current license, you should contact ABBYY or your contact in UiPath.

1 Like

I come to help.

I am doing Abbyy FC12 Training with Abbyy Partner in Thailand. You can use do POC with Abbyy OCR as long as you don’t have the License.

What should you do is, you need to contact a Abbyy Sales Team to have a Trial License.

Good luck,

Fly Away!!

1 Like

I tried in the follow environment, and I have the FC12 trial license, but still get the same problem.
How to resolve it?

UiPath 2018 Studio 2018.2.3 Enterprise Edition
UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities 1.0.6725.18428
ABBYY FlexiCapture 12.0.1.530

1 Like

did you activate the license on Abbyy?

1 Like

Yes, and it worked in ABBYY FC12 itself.

1 Like

hmm… did you activate FC 12 Engine?

1 Like

I activated the license in ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 License Manager. How to activate FC 12 Engine?

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks, I also activate the license in this way

are you sure you activated the license under Engine 12? if you my apps there is two folder flexicapture 12 and flexicapture engine 12.