2022.10.3 UiAutomation activities not able to detect selector between fuzzy and strict

Hi Team,

In 2022.10.3 UiAutomation activities not able to detect selector between fuzzy and strict as shown below:
everytime when I run the process, application opens and nothing happens after that

Hi @caggarwal ,

Please recheck the selector with only checking fuzzy while identifying and validate if the correct UI Component is highlighted.

If this does not work then please try providing more info to understand the problem

cheers

So, we should use Fuzzy or strict and accordingly in dropdown we need to check fuzzy or strict?

Hi @caggarwal

Yes that is what you have to do. Uncheck what you don’t want and then validate it to check if the selector is working

cheers

If I select strict then also its not working,
If I select fuzzy, then also not working
We can check multiple checkboxes or it shud be only 1?

same when I tried in 2022.4.6 its working

Hi @caggarwal ,

1. You can select multiple as well , when you select multiple, While you are indicating element you will see a blue double circle around the fuzzy or strict which is the best match that the Object repository is trying to use to identify the element.
  2. I am able to interact using the latest version as well. I would suggest you to check the selector and re validate it
    if you can provide more details the issue can be seen more closely. Also try unchecking responsive website

cheers

Do we need to update the selector as earlier we used to do?
Or fuzzy will automatically takes the best match and automatically create the dynamic selector?

Hi @caggarwal

It is always better to update. Fuzzy will give you selector basing the changes that it observed on the elements . SO we have to still rely on UI Explorer or change the selector to find the best fit

cheers

Ui Explorer only gaving strict selector not fuzzy which we can update or may be when we r indicating the element first time then there itself, we can update it.

Try using it on a text field on modern UI then you will find some difference, but as I said it is just a start point or some basic fuzzy. That is not the final selector which can be relied on

cheers

Hi @caggarwal

Would it be possible to reproduce this issue on a public website and share a zip of the project? (=same scenario of selectors working on one version and not working on another)

Or is it mostly related to a specific application?