what are main best practices we should follow to develop uipath project.
Kindly have a view on this
There are lot of things that we should consider when it comes to best practices for development… In our office, we have a document for this… I cannot share the document, but I could give you some areas that we should consider in highlevel when creating the best practices…
- Security risks - for example, where the credentials/ personal information are stored and how they are processed
- How the robot configurations are managed and handled
- When to use Flowchart & sequence
- Closing & opening applications - Use of winow/ browser object variables
- Use of workflow templates
- How input files are handled and stored
- How file paths are managed
- Logs creation and what info should be captured in what level
- Variable & argument naming conventions
- activity naming methods
- workflow naming methods
- How best selectors and managed
- How annotations are used for commenting workflows/ variables/ activities
- Use of nested IF activities - maximum limit of nesting
- Best method of using UI automation activities
- use of on element appear, wait element vanish, element exists where necessary
- Use of workbook activities, and use excel activities only when needed
- Error Handling - Try-Catch usage & Global exception handler usage
- Use of Throw activity
Apart from these you should also consider
- background automation
- Version management
Also, for Orchestrator
- Queue management
- Assets management
- Use of tenants and orchestrator
Thank you for your information.
I have asked one question about argument getting null at the time of using throw and rethrow.
can you check that question.