Weird Error i'm getting and I'm unsure how to resolve

I created a workflow and published it to a private internal library I created. When I tried to incorporate this into a new workflow I get this error.

Summary

18.4.3+Branch.master.Sha.9888b477be8d3ec8a832306fc59c34ba6edad108

The workflow has validation errors. Review and resolve them first.

System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterException: Cannot create unknown type ‘{clr-namespace:System_Processes;assembly=System_Processes}Check_Server_Status’.
at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteStartObject(XamlType xamlType)
at System.Xaml.XamlWriter.WriteNode(XamlReader reader)
at System.Xaml.XamlServices.Transform(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlWriter xamlWriter, Boolean closeWriter)
at System.Activities.XamlIntegration.FuncFactory1.Evaluate() at System.Activities.Activity.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings) at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.InternalActivityValidationServices.InternalValidate()
at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.Validate(Activity toValidate, ValidationSettings settings)
at System.Activities.Presentation.Validation.ValidationService.CoreValidationWork(ValidationReason reason, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Check the versions of the activities used in the workflow.

The one you created and the one you are trying to incorporate are having different version of some activities.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

1 Like

Thank you so much! That was the issue and once you advised to check it I found the outdated component.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.