Validation error for UI Academy File

Hi All,

I downloaded the UI Academy file but not able to run it.
It shows workflow validation errors as per below, would appreciate if someone could assist to help me solve this error.

Thank you!

The workflow has validation errors. Review and resolve them first.

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.Compiler.dll’ or one of its dependencies. A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A)
File name: ‘Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.Compiler.dll’
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](LocationReferenceEnvironment environment, Boolean isLocationReference)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](CodeActivityPublicEnvironmentAccessor publicAccessor, Boolean isLocationReference)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](String expressionText, CodeActivityPublicEnvironmentAccessor publicAccessor, Boolean isLocationExpression)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.CacheMetadata(CodeActivityMetadata metadata) at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.OnInternalCacheMetadataExceptResult(Boolean createEmptyBindings)
at System.Activities.Activity1.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings) at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.InternalActivityValidationServices.InternalValidate()
at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.Validate(Activity toValidate, ValidationSettings settings)
at System.Activities.Presentation.Validation.ValidationService.CoreValidationWork(ValidationReason reason, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Hi @ctsqboustead

May be you are using updated version of uipath ,can you try to implement same login in your latest UI Path version
and UI Academy file had implemented in old version

Best Regards,
Naveen CH

1 Like

From where you have downloaded this.? its just version compatibility issue.

Hi All,

Thank you all so much for your reply!

However, there seem to be a problem with the UI Path.
I am not able to run a simple message box.
Please refer to below photo:

Thank you.

Hi @ctsqboustead

A Studio reinstall could fix the issue.

Is it a community edition?

Hi @loginerror,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, mine is a community edition.
I will try un-installing and install again.

I am still not able to run the fie. not sure what is wrong.

There might be some security software that is blocking the files or running the Studio in a virtual sandbox.