Unattended vs Attended

Thank you. Your response did clarify many questions for me. As a follow up to it…

I am in the process of recommending a solution for doing a pilot with a client… It is little early for the client to spend money for the orchestration… hence looking to suggest the client to buy license just for a single robot and pilot it with the package we deploy first. Then scale it up and take it to other departments along with orchestration.

With that little background here are few more questions. Will help me decide which license to buy (attended and unattended as the price difference is huge between them.

1. Should the unattended robot have a dedicated machine (server or desktop) ?
  2. Can it installed in the desktop and run in the background while the user is using? Will it get interfered?
  3. When the unattended robot is executing will remoting (rdp session) to the machine cause any interference with the execution because of mouse or keyboard usage.
    • In attended robot when it is running I see that using mouse or keyboard does cause some interference.
  4. In the trial version how can we run and test out unattended version if both robot are the same and only differ by license. Should we ask for a separate trial license key for unattended?

Thank you

1 Like