Uipath Web or Cloud Host API?

@loginerror

Thank you for your replay to the previews queries related to Web API.

I need one more clarification. We all know that we can connect Uipath with API using WEB API activities.

Here my case is, Is it possible to UiPath Act as API hub. I mean if I created web app can I connect with uipath and get the details from server DB and the same other end-user or customer can connect Uipath?

Example 1

If its possible .:slight_smile:

1. How to deploy a bot in to cloud or server
  2. Can we interact with bot whenever am sending request to the Uipath robot which available in the server?
    3 Can we get the URL of my entire uipath project flow, to check the status of case , Like we giving URL in postman.

Regards,
Srenivasan

@loginerror
Please help me on this :cry:

Hi @SrenivasanKanna,

The question you have is, if you have API, you want to access the application without browser? Am I right?

But as per the diagram, you are replacing the API with UiPath which is not at all correct. If you have API, you can use them and get the data by passing the params without using the coding part like Angular, JAVA or JavaScript whatever and the browser.

If you have any specific requirement, if you post the details, I will give you some clear idea on this

@HareeshMR

Thanks for your reply.

case study: Actual

I am the end user or client accessing the Web portal from different place in this world.(say like raising complaints about the product).

Once we raised the complaints its goes to API hub then its goes to respective company Database to register complaints.( Here the API role is , getting source from different platform of application like java, javascript,angular right?)

case Study: Demand

If the customer raise the complaints its should go to uipath Bot instead of API hub (may be bot deployed in cloud or server) then based on our project flow its should goes to the respective database.

Have to provide URL to the customer to raise the complaints, once they raised its should goes to Db via uipath Workflow.

Hope you got my question.

Regards,
Srenivasan Kannan

@SrenivasanKanna

May be each company have their API to dump the complaint or insert a record with the complaint in their data base, but you are trying to replace the API which is not a correct scenario, but we have a solution (which is not real use case)

If we have the database connection strings available for each company database, you can insert the record directly to the DB instead of API

1 Like

@HareeshMR
Thank you so much for your response. Yeah that we can do as you mentioned in the last note, but still I wonder, How our bot recognizes the input of end-user :cry: and respond the status on time.

I have done the part of connecting API through our bot, Now trying to connect the bot to the end-user.

Regards,
Srenivasan Kannan

1 Like

May be there is something in the body of the request which user sends or even the query params to identify the user inputs @SrenivasanKanna.

1 Like

@HareeshMR

Yeah , Have to check that, similar way , I am trying another logic , Which through orchestrator api queue from there i think we can get the end user data.

Thank you for your precious time :smiley:

Meanwhile can you help me on this , how to get X-UIPATH-OrganizationUnitId , since i read all the solution from forum , but i am not able to get the correct solution to identify the Unitid.

:smiley:

Yeah, if you login to Orchestrator and select the folders pane in the left side, you will have all the folders available on your orchestrator, when you click on the classic folder, the URL will have two ID’s, please check with those two it it is working or I will get back to you if those are not working @SrenivasanKanna

@HareeshMR

I can not see any URL there while clicking Classic Folder.

Do you have any Screen shot reference.

I mean the browser URL which is something like platform @SrenivasanKanna

1 Like

@HareeshMR

may be i m wrong , clicking folder i m getting X-UIPATH-OrganizationUnitId from the below URL :cry:

Yes fid is folder id which is referenced as organization id in the API, try using that @SrenivasanKanna

Is it ? :smiley: i thought it will be single-digit …lol

Thank you @HareeshMR

I’m not sure, but give it a try. Please let me know if that works which will help another folks as well @SrenivasanKanna :smile:

1 Like