Uipath Orchestrator Consultation on NET Core Component Upgrade

Dear team,

Our firm is currently installing Orchestrator v2021.10.0, due to this version has the NET core version is 5.0, and Microsoft has announced that it no longer supports the current version. The company’s security department requires us to upgrade to What is the supported version of NET core? I would like to ask if we plan to upgrade to NET Core 8.0, does Orchestrator support it? Are there any other issues we need to pay attention to? Thanks very much.

.NET core 8.0 Link :Download .NET 8.0 (Linux, macOS, and Windows)

Explanation of security vulnerabilities:

Hi @everluo

Given that the latest Studio and Robot are already working on .NET8 support, I would imagine that this is due to the older Orchestrator version.

I do not have 100% confirmation right now, but I am pretty sure that a newer Orchestrator version (than 2021.10) would be using a version of .NET that is higher than .NET 5.

For example, I can see that Orchestrator 2023.10 lists this as part of the Software requirements page:

While the documentation for Orchestrator 2021.10 indeed lists a different set of requirements:

If the above info is not enough, please consider contacting our technical support for further guidance.

Thanks Maciej . From this perspective, upgrading Orchestrator directly to a new version after April v2023.4 be a more secure solution. We do not pursue the latest version of Orchestrator, only need to ensure availability NET components can still be supported by Microsoft. May I ask if we can directly use Orchestrator’s upgrade program to upgrade? Do you have the relevant upgrade program download link? After the upgrade, can the current license still be used normally? Thank you.