UiPath Error when using UiAutomation framework

Hi, I am currently trying to interact with SAP that have Web dynpro elements so I changed the ui framework in the UiExplorer to UiAutomation. However when make this change, UiPath starts bugging out and constantly throws this error and I am forced to restart the studio:

21.4.4+Branch.master.Sha.a8b5101efe02651274064093e9c7410fedff7696

UCEERR_RENDERTHREADFAILURE (Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406)

Error: System.Exception: UCEERR_RENDERTHREADFAILURE (Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406)
at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnWindowPosChanged(IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2003303418

Hi

First I would like to clarify whether were we able to do it with SAP activities or with default method of UiExplorer provided SAP GUI being enabled

And
I have even seen few instances of SAP where we won’t be able to indicate elements with activity

In that case I use to have HOT KEYS and play around with keyboard short cuts

As we do have keyboard short keys for SAP we can do try with that option and it works fine

Cheers @CC_Pet

I am able to access all the SAP elements normally, but when trying to interact with the Web dynpro elements, it is unable to properly identify them (it would just select the entire html page). So after looking through the forum, there was a solution to switch to UiAutomation framework which allowed me to properly interact with the Web dynpro elements. Regarding the hotkeys method, there are slightly more complex things to be done in that page and it would not work out. For now, I have updated my UiAutomation package and the error stopped throwing so the issue has been fixed but I am not sure what the error was. Thanks for your assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.