Time difference in 24 hours format

Hi Team i have two strings coming in for example A=“2315”, (as in 23:15) B=“0115” as in (01:15) i need to get the time difference between it and it should be 2. Please let me know how we can achieve this in Ui path.

Hi @Ajith209

How about the following?

Int32.Parse(DateTime.ParseExact("2315", "HHmm", System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).Subtract(DateTime.ParseExact("0115", "HHmm", System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture)).TotalHours.ToString)

The difference comes as 22. That is the issue.

@Ajith209

(DateTime.ParseExact(“2315”,“HHmm”,system.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).TimeOfDay-DateTime.ParseExact(“0115”,“HHmm”,system.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).TimeOfDay).ToString

Cheers!!

@Ajith209

How should the output be, in your opinion?

Hi,

22 is not the expected answer it should be two. as the time difference is only two

@Ajith209

How about this

(Math.Abs((DateTime.ParseExact("0115", "HHmm", System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).AddDays(1) - DateTime.ParseExact("2315", "HHmm", System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture)).TotalHours) Mod 24).ToString()

This works. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi But the same is not working if the string is A=2015 and B=2315. it can also happen like that. Here the time difference should be 3 as well. any idea how to achieve both?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.