Terminal Sessions: Issue with Configure Connection using IBM Personal Connection and UiPath Internal

Hi Everyone,

We are using AS400 as Core Insurance System and using IBM Personal Communications emulator to connect AS400.

Now, when we are trying to connect AS400 through UiPath’s Terminal Session: IBM Personal Communications, its giving an error. Error is: There was an error connecting to terminal. Error code: Error.

And, when we are trying to connect AS400 through UiPath’s Terminal Session: UiPath Internal, it connecting successfully. But, there is a problem. The keyboard is different to what we have configured in WS profile (i.e., other than IBM Default keyboard.)

So, I am actually stuck in automating terminal session. So, far I have been able to identify that for Enter key, Transmit is the send hot key. I want to identify the send hot key to navigate to the last/previous screen.

Connection String for UiPath Internal (Terminal Type TN5250)
“{‘AttachExisting’:false,‘ConnectionType’:1,‘EhllBasicMode’:false,‘EhllDll’:null,‘EhllEnhanced’:true,‘EhllFunction’:‘hllapi’,‘EhllSession’:‘A’,‘Host’:‘XX.X.XX.XX’,‘Mode’:1,‘Port’:23,‘Profile’:null,‘ProviderType’:5,‘ShowTerminal’:true,‘TerminalType’:1}”

Connection String for IBM Personal Communications
“{‘AttachExisting’:false,‘ConnectionType’:0,‘EhllBasicMode’:false,‘EhllDll’:null,‘EhllEnhanced’:true,‘EhllFunction’:‘hllapi’,‘EhllSession’:‘A’,‘Host’:null,‘Mode’:1,‘Port’:23,‘Profile’:‘C:\Users\894449\Desktop\PASIAUAT.WS’,‘ProviderType’:1,‘ShowTerminal’:true,‘TerminalType’:0}”

@Manish_V I better suggest you to use the IBM personnel Communicator in Terminal Session rather than using UiPath Internal (This should be the last option).

" Now, when we are trying to connect AS400 through UiPath’s Terminal Session: IBM Personal Communications, its giving an error. Error is: There was an error connecting to terminal. Error code: Error."

Try access the IBM PC profile in the same location where you use to access from IBM Session manager. This approach will give you stable and fastest terminal automation.

If you still not find the reason for the failure and dont have time try IBM EHLLAPI connectivity from Terminal Session.

Hope this helps.

@balramrv , I did not find “EHLL dll” file in my system when i tried to connect through IBM EHLLAPI. Do we need to install any software for generating that .dll file?

How do you connect to AS400 right now, pls share details for further reference

hello guys i have newly installed vision+ and i wanna connect with uipath for the first time can u guys help with the connection what type of connection we should use for the first time so that i can open the vision + wizard

thanks
Arjun

How can we use connection string to create the connection but without opening the terminal session